Group Reservations Coordinator
ConferenceDirect is one of the world’s leading event management and hospitality services firms. We help clients save time and money by securing the best hotel accommodations, meeting space, conference venues and hospitality services available at the most favorable terms possible. For more than 20 years, we’ve been passionate about achieving better results for our clients. The position of Group Reservations Coordinator is open within our Housing, Registration & Event Technology division located in Charlotte, NC.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. This role reports directly to the assigned Account Manager and will be responsible for overall account support of all ConferenceDirect clients and attendees. Including but not limited to, answering inquiries from both clients and their attendees via phone, email and fax. Creation of reports and other administrative tasks on behalf of ConferenceDirect account management and our Clients as needed. The position entails considerable interaction with clients, team members and other departments within ConferenceDirect. Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
• Participate in the planning and managing of online hotel reservation sites for meeting and conventions ranging from 500-100,000+ attendees.
• Monitor and manage inventory of group hotel blocks (ranging from 5-75 hotels) for citywide conference and meetings.
• Establish relationships with participating hotels, clients and meeting attendees.
• Create and provide clients with reports and information at weekly and monthly intervals.
• Coordinate event staff/concessions reservations with the client and hotels.
• Completion of hotel audits and finalizing group pickup, rebates and commissions.
• Provide onsite registration and housing support as needed.
• Development and participation of an effective project plan.
• Provide backup support to the Account Manager when traveling/out of the office.
• Participate in the creation of FAQ and training materials for Contact Center.
• The first point of escalation support for the Contact Center.
• Manage meeting/event inbound emails and respond to customer questions.
• Think strategically about new and inventive ways of servicing our clients.
• In conjunction with the Account Manager, provide on-site and on-call support during the Meeting/Event Dates.
• Assist with the creation of Final Hotel/Housing reports.
• Assist Housing Account Manager and Director of Housing Services in the closing and billing of groups.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience managing hotel inventory and interacting with group blocks.
• Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively both in person and over the phone.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Experience working with CVENT Passkey or similar event housing tools.
• Critical thinker/problem solver who can break down complex activities to attainable project tasks.
• Ability to work across multiple organizations and business functions.