Creative Director (HIRED)
As the Creative Director, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Partnerships and Creative Services, you will carry the responsibility of leading the creative services team in all graphic design, video design, motion animation design and printing needs. Additionally, you will play an integral role in developing organization brand position, brand strategy and brand presentation. The Creative Director position will prioritize utilizing the full creative toolkit to support revenue growth and retention across partnerships, ticket sales and marketing, while also supporting all organizational areas in creative service needs. Key to your success is being able to forge positive internal relationships, lead production efforts to meet deadlines, identify process efficiencies and navigate the challenges of a fast-paced environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the Creative Services team to produce and deliver on timeline all print, graphic, animation, video and presentation deck projects, delivering at a high quality for each project and meeting the identified goals and expectations.
• Exhibit strong leadership with a focus on ideation, project assignment, project management and solutions.
• Actively participate as a graphic designer and execute projects throughout the business year.
• Dedicated focus on clear, consistent and timely communication amongst creative staff, across department lines, with internal and external clients and with senior management.
• Ensure a proactive approach to aligning project execution and campaign direction with department and company goals while maintaining a sales and branding focus at all times.
• Represent the creative services team where required during company meetings including marketing campaign discussions, ticket sales and partnerships strategy sessions, arena branding and production meetings, community relations planning sessions, season ticket services planning sessions and ticket operations creative needs meetings.
• Assist in the development of partnerships, sales, marketing, community and PR campaigns.
• Work directly with building operations staff on all Spectrum Center creative projects.
• Build and run the Creative Services budget.
• Identify new creative tools to assist in process efficiencies, enhance presentations and evolve with the changing landscape of innovation and technology.
• Gain an understanding of targeted audiences and strategically build creative and advertising pieces accordingly.
• Present concepts across departments and during organizational meetings.
• Handle the event request booking of internal video editors as well as the use of freelance design services, artists, illustrators, freelance video editors and photographers.
• Use the Creative Work Order system to keep all creative requests organized and comprehensive of all needed information to complete the project.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Required skills, abilities and experiences:
• Hold a BFA degree in Graphic Design with at least 7 years design and advertising experience within the sports, entertainment or advertising industry.
• Have at least 3 years experience leading a staff including print and digital graphic designers and video production editors.
• Demonstrated experience managing a creative team from concept to completion on projects.
• You will have a thorough understanding of the principles of art, layout, copy and functionality.
• We are seeking a teammate with excellent interpersonal skills, who will consistently utilize these skills to connect with internal and external clients and direct reports promptly
• Knowledgeable in sports and basketball.
• Available to work a variable schedule, including holidays, nights, weekends and game nights when required.
• Hold advanced knowledge of graphic designing software in a MAC environment and be skilled in Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Flash, PowerPoint.
• You are adaptable to change, conscientious about delivery deadlines, detail oriented and can navigate priorities to achieve business objectives.
• Able to work through high-volume needs while meeting demanding challenges and deadlines.
• Professionally presents oneself and is capable of interacting with all levels of the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.