Product Manager – Enterprise Mobility
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
What you will do:
• The Mobile Product Manager prioritizes, plans and manages mobile hardware and application features through the product development process in support of the overall Lowe’s Stores product domain strategy. This role uses business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, associate feedback and technology to create seamless experiences for Lowe’s associates.
• The Mobile Product Manager represents Lowe’s store associates and has the primary responsibility for defining all mobile product requirements and communicating those requirements to the user experience and technology delivery teams. The Mobile Product Manager manages the priority of those requirements to ensure that the highest amount of store associate value is being delivered in the fastest time possible.
• The Mobile Product Manager uses data and analytics to analyze their business and prioritize their product backlog appropriately. They attend all business reviews, supplying product/feature results as necessary. They provide input into business cases when new products/features are being developed.
• In addition, the Mobile Product Manager will work closely with Hardware and Software Vendors, Digital Store Product Teams, Operations, Change Management, Learning & Development and numerous other internal and external parties with the goal of clearly communicating their team’s backlog and roadmap and ensuring the necessary support is available upon product delivery.
• Represents the needs and requirements of our store associates to drive mobile application and feature implementation and development with associated technology teams.
• Frequently visits Lowe’s stores to understand how mobile technology can lead to process improvement as well as solicit continuous feedback on existing mobile tools from Lowe’s store associates.
• Effectively manages vendor relationships clearly articulating Lowe’s requirements related to vendor roadmap and release timelines.
• Clearly defines and writes user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Reviews and approves large requirements (Epics) and smaller requirements (Stories) based on product/feature strategy.
• Accepts the stories as “done,” validating that the stories meet the acceptance criteria.
• Maintains a prioritized product backlog based on defined business value, aligning with Product Strategy and resource capacity.
• Provides UX/UI approval for the assigned product.
• Understands the “why” behind each Epic and Feature and works with the Sr. Manager, Product Management to understand the roadmap, supporting KPIs and are able to clearly communicate to their development teams.
• Uses analytics to monitor product KPIs and ensure success metrics are being met, identifies opportunities for testing and product enhancements based on results.
• Align efforts across product teams, prioritizing as necessary and driving/facilitating execution to maintain focus and appropriate momentum..
• Build and leverage solid working relationships with business and product stakeholders, other Product Managers, user experience and technology teams to facilitate successful feature implementation.
• Participates in the team demo and retrospective.
• Provides input into — and helps construct — business case documentation.
Education and experience:
• Bachelors in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications or related field AND 3+ years experience in 2 or more of the following: project management, product management, business analysis, program management or product marketing OR 5+ years experience in product and/or experience management.
• 2+ years strategy and/or digital product delivery experience in executing world-class digital products and/or experiences.
• 2+ years experience in translating business strategy into specific product features.
• 1+ years experience in an agile software environment.
• 1+ years demonstrated delivery of business results.
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization.
• Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership.
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to translate data into action.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree.
• 1+ years experience in product design and/or product management.
• Prior leadership with a top 25 omnichannel retailer.
• Enterprise and/or Consumer Mobility Experience.
• Experience in running a P&L.
• Strong financial acumen.
• CSPO Certification.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.