Marketing & Communications Manager
Blackstone Shooting Sports is a luxury firearms retailer, indoor shooting range, event space and training center located in Charlotte, NC. Blackstone is different than its competitors because it focuses on offering an unparalleled selection, great prices, an exquisite facility and an unexpectedly delightful experience. Our goal every day is for guests to leave saying: “Blackstone is the nicest range I have ever been to – they have an incredible selection, fair pricing and I really like the people who work there!”
We are looking for a talented, pragmatic, growth-minded teammate who will find meaning and purpose by driving sales growth and customer acquisition with their data-driven consumer insights. The Marketing & Communications Manager will be expected to autonomously develop Blackstone’s marketing plans and will oversee all marketing-related activities. This role will be responsible for developing, driving and delivering a unique multi-channel marketing strategy.
What you will be accountable for:
• Developing marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, tactics and media buys.
• Developing media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
• Coordinating all public relations activities.
• Leveraging existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
• Managing media inquiries and interview requests.
• Creating content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
• Evaluating opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
• Building relationships with thought leaders to grow brand awareness.
• Overseeing the design and delivery of all marketing collateral, including images, printed collateral, packaging and in-store graphics.
• Driving traffic and customer acquisition through PPC, SEO, email and other targeted online marketing, as well as targeted offline activity such as TV, radio, billboard and-off site event participation.
• Implementing a social media strategy to maximize brand engagement, sales and customer retention.
• Participating in weekly leadership meetings and delivering weekly report and review of key metrics.
• BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline.
• Proven experience in marketing and public relations required.
• Self-motivated and able to work without direction.
• An excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools.
• Make solid decisions based on data and analysis.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop rewarding relationships.
• Demonstrate high attention to detail, with a strong focus on providing the best guest experience possible.
• Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Salary and participation in profits-based incentive plan.
• Matching 401(k).
• 2 weeks paid vacation.
• Employee purchase discounts.
• Career development and growth.