Warehouse General Labor
Tosca is a leading provider of reusable packaging and supply chain solutions in the perishable food supply chain. We focus on optimizing the flow of perishables, eliminating waste at every turn – product, packaging and labor waste. Our reusable plastic containers – the most comprehensive portfolio in the industry – improve product protection, lower costs and are more sustainable than single-use packaging.
Our service centers play a key role in ensuring our reusable containers are processed in a food-safe environment to provide exceptional service for our customers. This position works on the front line to ensure the ongoing processing of our reusable containers in regards to quantity and quality. This individual will work in a variety of different areas within the plant and must be dependable and flexible with work schedule. We are currently hiring for the following shifts;
• 1st shift – Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
• 2nd shift –Monday through Friday, 3 p.m. -11 p.m.
• Load handheld Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs) onto the production line for sanitation processing.
• Inspect RPCs for quality and remove any waste material, stickers, tags, damaged RPCs and non-Tosca RPCs from incoming inventory before sanitation.
• Monitor processing of RPCs through the line and adjust input or output as needed to maximize throughput.
• Unload and sort handheld RPCs from the end of the production line and inspect to ensure that quality standards are met.
• Repair damaged RPCs as appropriate.
• Demonstrate good understanding and comply with all Tosca work rules.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Identify any safety concerns or hazards and report them.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Requirements, experience and education:
• Must understand and operate automated machinery touchscreen and switch panels.
• Must understand written instructions quality, machine work instructions, etc.
• Must be able to understand and comply with company, plant and safety rules/policies.
• Ability to stand on a concrete floor 8-12 hours per day.
• Ability to work in a hot and humid climate at times.
• Manual manipulation of containers (assemble or collapse RPCs).
• Reaching, bending and twisting frequently.
• Ability to work at a production conveyor line.
• Must be able to see labels on containers and inspect containers for quality concerns.
• Ability to distinguish different containers by color and size.
• Regularly lift 7lbs and up to 30lbs on a periodic basis.
• Ability to work occasional flexible hours and over time based on company/volume needs.
• Must complete drug test and background check.
What we offer:
• After 30 days, enrollment in Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness programs.
• 401(k) after 90 days of employment.
• Career advancement opportunities.
• Employee Referral Bonus Program.
• Pay rate is $12.50 per hour for days, with an additional .50 for night shift ($13).