Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible to develop strategic sourcing and supply chain programs in order to support Groups, the Corporate goals and any future facilities acquired through mergers and acquisitions. Responsible for the development and deployment of the supply chain strategy in concert with other functional Group Supply Chain Managers, plants and operations globally.
The SCM will lead multiple plant supply chain projects that span systems, geographies and functions. Responsible for embracing and driving lean enterprise systems throughout the business to effectively drive cost-out, cost avoidance, inventory levels, consignment programs, supplier negotiations, commodity strategy development and working capital initiatives. Will work in close coordination with the Group to identify synergies for cost out, leveraged supply base, supplier terms, risk mitigation and best practice related to ERP utilization. Development and deployment of accelerated integration tools and process(es) is a key requirement. The SCM will report directly to the EVP, Life Sciences with a dotted line to the VP, Business Excellence. A minimum of 35% travel may be required.
• Continuous improvement through supplier value management, strategic sourcing design and demonstrated year-over-year cost reduction. Utilize and enhance monthly reporting cost-out tracker, along with measurement against cost-out goal.
• Utilize SIOP (sales inventory operations planning) to understand the demand of the Group’s services and products and use this data strategically to inform processes that enable the group to meet its organizational targets.
• Supply Chain integration process development and deployment. Optimize global supply chain performance through cost and scenario analysis, including benchmarking and cascaded pass-through agreement analysis where appropriate.
• Implement strategic supplier relationships mitigating risk and forming contractual agreements with continuous improvement / cost-out initiatives.
• Lead and coordinate inventory and gap analysis as directed, with recommendations that are aligned to business requirements. Work with local teams to implement the DOH targets and host quarterly reviews with gap analysis.
• Work in a highly matrixed organization, building effective teams and fostering open communication.
• Lead selected scopes of multi-group spending including, but not limited to, proposal/specification development, cost modeling, supplier selection, price negotiation and bid evaluation processes.
• In coordination with the VP, Business Excellence and other SCMs, develop supplier rationalization plans.
• Lead discrete projects related to operational strategy, planning and execution that will support the division to execute best-in-class supply chain model.
• Assist in authoring and implementing purchasing policies and procedures through purchasing systems, key documentation and understanding customer/company needs.
• Coordinate as Group lead for compliance matters such as Conflict Minerals, RoHS, etc.
• Perform statistical analysis and provide recommendations based on sound business acumen.
• Prepare and analyze purchasing data to report key procurement metrics.
• Develop nuanced documented understanding of the Group’s commodity landscape in order to forecast industry trends and gauge emerging competitive forces.
• Analyze Group’s purchasing/procurement organizational structure, collaborate with internal stakeholders to vet synergy opportunities.
• Integration activities as directed, focused on advanced deployment using focus team models.
Education and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or equivalent directly-related experience.
• Minimum of 5 years management of people.
• Minimum of 7 years supply chain management experience with record of increased responsibility.
• Experience with global supply chain teams and operational footprints.
• Integration of multi-facility or acquired businesses to standard process and systems.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (with an emphasis in Excel/Access), experience with ADP, SAP, shop floor systems a plus.
• Demonstrated applied knowledge of life sciences and FDA requirements.
• Master’s in Business Administration or similar advanced degree is a plus.
• Second language (Chinese, French, Polish or Spanish) conversant.
• APICS Certification a plus.
• Certified Program Management.
• Prior experience with Tableau.
• Integration experience a plus, as this is a fast-paced position requiring high-capacity thinking and actions.
Skills and competencies:
• Interpersonal skills to develop, build and manage relationships with internal customers and suppliers, negotiate effectively and present ideas and proposals in written and oral form.
• General knowledge of available sources of pertinent business information, analytical skills to evaluate this information and communications skills to prepare / present presentations. Business information includes major suppliers, industry cost drivers, market indices and leading indicators.
• Understanding of business and supply chain terminology.
• Ability to think strategically with excellent quantitative skills.
• Proven record of results based performance.
• Detailed-oriented and able to multi-tasking strength.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Advanced Excel and Pivot Tables, PowerPoint, Word).
• Familiarity with multiple systems (QAD, SAP, Business Warehouse, Access Database, Business Intelligence, Cognos, Oracle, etc.).
• Lean manufacturing experience.