Credit Karma, a mission driven company that champions financial progress for everyone, is looking for strategic-minded, nimble and detail-oriented assigning editors to guide our expansion into editorial content covering auto finance and insurance and real estate and mortgages.
You’ll join a team with exceptionally high editorial standards that’s committed to improving financial literacy and helping Americans solve day-to-day personal finance challenges. Our team has worked at some of the top journalism and personal finance outlets in the U.S. and we’re growing rapidly.
You’ll take the lead developing and managing our editorial content roadmap for these areas of coverage. You’ll play a pivotal role in charting our strategy to use editorial content to help readers understand and navigate the biggest financial transactions most people will ever go through. You’ll be a key leader in an enterprising and expanding team as Credit Karma continues to explore new areas of coverage.
• Committed to delivering a high-quality, engaging user experience without losing sight of the big picture.
• Enthusiastic, collegial, collaborative and deeply knowledgeable about car finance, insurance, real estate or mortgage.
• Experienced at conceiving, editing and publishing authoritative digital content that offers readers useful advice and prompts them to explore related content, take action, share insights with friends and family and/or interact with relevant products or services.
• Data-driven, you love to dig into performance analytics.
What you’ll do:
• Assign and edit a steady flow of content, work to rigorous deadlines and production targets.
• Add significant value to Credit Karma content by communicating clearly with writers, improving content quality and readability and paying close attention to regulatory and compliance requirements.
• In collaboration with our SEO team, apply industry-standard practices and techniques to ensure our content is discoverable by the major search engines.
• Leverage data and analytics to measure content performance and work closely with other editorial team members to apply lessons learned.
• Serve as a vital partner to our social and community team to maximize content promotion. We believe publishing doesn’t end our conversation with readers — it’s just the beginning.
• Use your well-researched content ideas to populate a robust editorial calendar.
What’s great about it:
• Strong sense of purpose. Every day we work passionately on behalf of our members, current and future. This culture of service can be felt throughout Credit Karma, from the content we create to how business decisions are made
• Great co-workers. Credit Karma’s core values center on consumer empathy, teamwork, quality deliverables and a bias toward action. We want to win, but we want to cross the finish line together
What we expect:
• A demonstrated ability to efficiently assign and edit articles and other content to writers — both staff and freelance — in a newsroom or digital-first content environment. The focus is on producing content that attracts readers through organic (non-paid) media channels, such as via search engines or direct traffic.
• An empathetic understanding of the challenges everyday Americans face working toward their financial goals and improving their economic security.
• A willingness to learn and grow as our team expands.
• An excellent grasp of English grammar that’s balanced by an even stronger grasp of how people actually talk.
• Ability to write as well as you edit and a willingness to use this skill as needed.
Our ideal candidate:
• 5-10 years of editing and writing experience.
• Highly preferred: industry experience in Real Estate/Mortgage or Auto/Auto Finance.
• Prior experience in financial services journalism or content creation in a highly regulated environment.
• Basic SEO knowledgeFamiliarity with an analytics platform such as Google Analytics.
• Experience with AP style.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations.