Staff Assistant – Carolinas College of Health Sciences (HIRED)
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same, to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
Performs secretarial and general office work essential to designated area(s) to support the Assistant Vice President, Executive Director, Director, Nurse Manager and Practice Manager.
• Provides clerical support for designated department: fax, copy, file, type, maintain/order for appropriate departmental inventory.
• Answers phone, screen calls, takes message and forwards to appropriate person.
• Handles and distributes office mail.
• Distributes work assignments to appropriate inpatient staff by setting up charts from computer reports.
• Schedules interpreter services for inpatients through internal interpreters or external interpreter services.
• Creates and maintains reports regarding case counts.
Education, experience and certifications:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 1 year secretarial experience required.
• Some college or college degree and/or experience in admissions, higher education or student affairs office preferred.
• Work requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
• Must be able to occasionally lift articles 20-50 pounds.
• Work is subject to heavy volume and frequent interruptions.
• Intact sight and hearing with or without devices required. Performs under fast-paced office conditions.
Why work with us:
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.