The Demand Planner will report to the Director of Supply Chain and will be responsible for all forecasting activities within various product categories. The position is a highly visible supply chain role that requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The Demand Planner will collaborate with sales, marketing and product development in order to establish a consensus forecast that enables the business to meet targeted service and inventory objectives.
• Responsible for developing a SKU level demand plan by analyzing sales trends and applying appropriate forecast modeling.
• Understand the assigned category dynamics including shifts in demand, seasonality, promotional activity, lifecycle planning.
• Collaborate with product development on forecast for new items, product transitions and the phasing out of legacy products.
• Monitor the sales performance of new products and develop a history that can be used as a guide in future launches.
• Identify and resolve out of stock issues, focusing on minimizing shortage occurrences through data analysis and safety stock review.
• Review purchase orders and work with Buyers to track order timeliness as well as maintaining needed stock levels at each warehouse.
• Identify excess and obsolete inventory recommend and drive disposition.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Operations Management or a related field.
• 2+ years of relevant work experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced skill set with MS Excel.
• Previous experience with Logility Voyager Solutions (DP/IP/RP).
• Relevant Professional Designation (i.e. APICS, CPIM, CPF).