Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
Million Mile Secrets is dedicated to helping people learn the secrets to Big Travel with Small Money. Our team’s passion is to shine a light on the previously-hidden travel tricks that airlines, hotels and rental car companies don’t want you to know.
As a Writer for Million Mile Secrets, you will be responsible for pitching, reporting on and writing news articles, columns, reviews and feature stories covering credit cards, loyalty programs, travel and aviation. The right candidate is able to identify timely topics and develop engaging stories with original, on-brand angles, with a quick (often same-day) turnaround. The position requires strong social media savvy to promote articles and excellent news judgement. Some travel required.
• Research and write blog posts with strong attention to detail.
• Know which blog posts have to be succinct and know when to write more detail.
• Write multiple posts accurately each day (2-4 per day depending on content type).
• Quickly grasp the voice & style of Million Mile Secrets which is simple and to the point.
• Track changes to miles, points and credit card programs and be able to quickly and easily explain them.
• Able to change tasks very quickly and adjust priorities based on external events, such as new credit card offers, new flight routes or flash travel deals.
• Make changes to credit card information as needed.
• Format, upload, resize and edit pictures and blog posts.
• Familiar with WordPress or other web publishing software.
• Excellent writing skills. You make miles and points fun and easy to read.
• Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
• Very resourceful at research. When assigned a topic, you know where to look for information and operate independently.
• Be responsive to deadlines, phone or email requests.
• Can easily juggle multiple projects and deadlines without being uncomfortable.
• Must have strong attention to detail and be organized.
• Great ability to prioritize and re-prioritize and get things done.
• Be willing to work evenings and weekends if needed. We try to limit weekend hours, but sometimes it’s necessary.