Senior Director User Experience & Design (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Our customer needs are complex and handoffs to other channels are expected to be seamless. Customer experiences are cross-channel (online, in-store, in-home, contact center), exponentially increasing the complexity of our interactions and the opportunity to offer truly unique solutions to customer problems. We’re rapidly evolving, approaching experiences/systems/processes with a futuristic lens on customer expectations and solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Director of User Experience and Design to lead a team that works on excellence in usability for platforms that range from customer to employee-facing. The ideal candidate must be able to think strategically, look at the business analytically, obsess about the customer and implement at scale. S/he will work on websites, mobile sites, apps and more. This role leads experience research, design strategy and execution of digital and mobile products. This role is inherently cross-functional and will work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Store Operations and Customer Service teams to help bring products to market. The Sr. Director of User Experience and Design drives a laser-focus on the user experience and enables teams to deliver quality and frictionless products that position Lowe’s as the home improvement retailer of choice. Working with business partners and stakeholders across the enterprise, this position will continually work to drive complex business solutions and build standards and processes that are scalable to promote customer-centric, data-driven decisions. This Is a highly collaborative role with a focus on results.
• Lead the creation of UX artifacts including customer research and analysis, feature/flow architecture, wireframes, prototypes, content strategy and design.
• Own the standards of documentation, presentation and process that enable the team to respond quickly to evolving business needs.
• Has a passionate focus on the needs of the customer or associate.
• Hire, build, grow and empower a team across multiple locations.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 5+ years experience managing teams and priorities across multiple stakeholders.
• 7+ years relevant User Experience and Design experience.
• Extensive experience with mobile user experiences (mobile web and apps).
• Experience working in cross-functional projects with product management, engineering and/or analytics.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational savvy, particularly with multiple/competing priorities.
• Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
• A deep and proven passion for the end user/customer.
• Deep industry connections and the ability to attract A-player talent.
• MBA Degree
• Experience with employee Interfaces Including mobile productivity and tasking tools.
• Physical retail experience.
• Ability to work in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.