IT Server Support Technician
With over 20 years as an IT Support/Managed Services Provider, FireFold Technologies is serious about combining business and technology. Serving Small and Medium sized businesses in the Charlotte area, we collaborate with our clients to help them maintain a healthy computer network environment in Data, Wireless, VOIP, Video, Backup and other IT Services, enabling their business success.
As a full-time IT Support Server Help Support Technician, you will be part of the team who proactively maintain our clients’ server environments by analyzing requirements, resolving problems and installing hardware and software solutions. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of our clients’ servers, printers, wireless, VOIP, email and related equipment. Daily tasks include server support, performing maintenance, upgrades and configurations. Most interaction with end-users performed primarily by onsite visits using a company vehicle, with occasional email and remote tasks.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 5 years Server, PC, Networking troubleshooting/repair experience.
• Associates degree in Computer Technology or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Good customer service skills. Likes customer interaction.
• Great documentation skills of all activities conducted needed.
• Ability to be on time is required.
• An outgoing personality with exceptional customer service skills.
• Ability to help customers improve their environments by recommending products and services and explain the benefits of them.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016.
• Experience in business networking, LAN, WAN and wireless.
• The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements.
• The ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support user networks, equipment, software and services remotely and onsite.
• The ability to analyze remote monitoring reports to identify capacity and performance issues and remediate them in a timely manner.
• Knowledge of networking solutions including firewall, VPN and VLANs preferred.
• Knowledge of wireless technologies.
• Knowledge of Remote Management Tools (i.e.: LabTech, GFI Max, Kaseya) Remote Access Tools (i.e. TeamViewer, ScreenConnect, Bomgar, GoToAssist) and Ticking Systems.
• Technical documentation experience for Administrators and End-Users.
• A commitment to developing and delivering top professional service to the End-Users.
• A commitment to the development and implementation of proactive/preventative measures.
• Excellent awareness of and ability to keep current on, existing and emerging network technologies.
• Technical certification a plus but not required.
Benefits and other details:
• Compensation depends on education and experience.
• Paid Time Off.
• Paid Holidays.
• Medical and Dental.
• 401k benefits.
• This is a full-time position.
• The position is located at our main office at 990 Biscayne Drive in Concord however, this position will require driving to client offices from Salisbury to South Charlotte using a company vehicle.
• As with most positions in the technology field, some earlier mornings, later nights and weekends may be necessary.
• You would still only need to have a total of 40 hours a week with overtime sporadically.
• You must be a dependable hard worker that can work independently as well as on a team.