Network Operations Center Engineer (HIRED)
You’re serious about your career and rest assured you’ve come to the right place. At Sonic Automotive Inc., you’ll find the opportunities, resources and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100 dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory, they’re committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Network Operations Center Engineer is a contributing member in the daily activities of the Network Operations Center, the Incident Coordination process and assists in escalated dealership technical support incidents. Responsible for maintaining internal processes and procedures to be followed in this area of operations, including the escalation of reported incidents. The NOC engineer’s overall responsibility is ensuring quality and performance of NOC service levels to the internal client base.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Team member of the Network Operations Center (NOC) which provides 24/7/365 support.
• Provide support and assistance for primary and secondary level of troubleshooting.
• Will work closely with and be a liaison to other facets of the company, such as Engineering Team and Deployment Teams via our ticketing system.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the company’s enterprise applications and systems.
• Serve as an Incident Coordinator watching aging tickets and as a Critical Incident Coordinator in the event of major outages, following the Incident Management Processes defined.
• Assist in monitoring that all tickets are following the necessary escalation path and are resolved quickly.
• Maintain outage notification logs and follow documented escalation procedures where appropriate.
• Coordinate scheduling of maintenance with Change Control guidelines.
• Technical coordinator for NOC personnel to ensure continuous operation of mission-critical production systems.
• Assist in the implementation of workflows and processes/procedures to achieve efficient use of staffing resources while maintaining service quality.
• Assist in the development of procedures and appropriate training to improve operational support and reporting.
• Participate in analyzing the workload efficiency of staff to redesign workflows.
• Assist in the performance of root cause analysis to identify and recommend operational changes to the management team.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of the technology support industry.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge of operational support escalation.
• Knowledge of ticketing systems.
• Exposure to Quality Management principles, including zero-defect production, Six-Sigma, continuous improvement models or equivalent QM philosophies.
• Experience designing workflows or processes around mixed skill sets.
• Must be organized and able to multi-task with attention to detail and the ability to provide follow-up.
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to influence without authority and work within a team environment.
• Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
• Flexibility and handling ambiguity required.
• Must possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Visio.
• Knowledge and experience with monitoring tool sets.
• Must be able to work independently and make sound technical decisions using the information at hand.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service whether internally or externally.
• Candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position, have knowledge of desktop support including mobile devices and network infrastructure technologies.
• Undergraduate degree in technical or related field of study or equivalent experience.
• 5 years of experience working in an IT networking based role.
• Enterprise routing and switching knowledge including BGP and EIGRP.
• Enterprise WAN management experience (MPLS, Internet and Metro Ethernet).
• WAN/LAN capacity planning experience (QoS, VoIP).
• Experience with SDWAN technologies with setup and support such as Velo Cloud and Meraki.
• Cisco CCNP or higher certification.
• O365, AD, Exchange/Outlook support and administration experience.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.