Director Analytics (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a Fortune 50 company with operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With over 1,800 stores, Lowe’s is also the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world and growing. Beyond the Lowe’s banner, Lowe’s also owns such brands as Orchard Hardware, Reno Depot, Alacrity, etc.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a team to drive business results by providing advanced analytics and insights that deliver stakeholder/enterprise value across key functional areas of the business, including supply chain, digital engagement and operations, pricing, services and inventory. This includes responsibility for leveraging an expansive set of analytic techniques or methodologies that support operational recommendations for executive level business decisions and ensuring analyses and insights are accurate, impactful, timely and efficient. This role is critical to Lowe’s as it works closely with business peers to create holistic insights and recommendations that drive measurable business performance.
What you will do:
• Partners with senior-level business partners to quickly and efficiently translate business needs into analytic design and measurement plans that drive timely and relevant decisions for business performance
• Deploys results of complex analytical modeling in a simple and compelling message that is intuitive to senior-level leaders and inspires action.
• Leads team of full-time and contract analysts to maintain on-time delivery for constantly evolving business issues and to know when business value has been realized and further analyses will not be as impactful.
• Establishes appropriate measures of success and develops dashboards and reports that measure financial and customer success across multiple channels, objectives and/or campaigns (near real-time reporting, hourly, daily, weekly, etc.).
• Deploys relevant methodologies, in collaboration with business partners, that allow for rapid and efficient root cause analyses to understand drivers of performance and impacts to KPIs that can be deployed to impact business outcomes.
• Teams up with peers in IT and Data Analytics and Consumer Insights to drive data connectivity recommendations to ensure holistic and seamless reporting of relevant KPIs, regardless of structure or system.
• Ensures appropriate analysis is conducted for optimal results and efficiency by understanding business concepts and functional data domains.
• Leads team to identify the most appropriate tool and/or methods to deliver relevant and timely results, understanding the advantages and disadvantages of each in the context of a business problem.
• Identifies leading-edge technologies and analytic techniques relevant to the home improvement industry and retail and finds practical and cost-efficient ways to deploy.
• Aligns the team’s time and effort on projects that are critical to business success, delegates the right tasks and decisions to the people who are in the best position to execute them.
• Bachelor’s Degree In related business or quantitative analytic field (Operations Mgmt., Statistics, Economics, etc.).
• 8+ years Overall applied analytic experience spanning areas such as Digital Analytics and Optimization, Marketing or other areas of retail operations (Supply Chain, Pricing, Services, Inventory management), 6+ of these years experience in managing a team of direct reports.
• Experience with SQL, SAS, R, Python.
• Familiarity with enterprise-grade environments (Teradata, Hadoop, Aster, Adobe).
• Familiarity with BI and other visualization tools.
• Familiarity with various data modeling techniques.
• Masters degree in related quantitative analytic field.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.