Finance Manager (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The principle purpose of this role is to partner with the business and with Lowe’s Chief Digital Officer to drive value creation through financial and business leadership from strategy development through execution. This includes responsibility for developing long-range scenario models, recommending and executing measurement plans, analytics and coordinated functional scorecards.
• Manages a team of financial analysts who will provide functional support to business units ensuring financial best practices are implemented and followed, reported and analyzed to identify insights for decision making.
• Leverages the Financial Centers of Expertise to provide financial insights to aid in decision making, identification of financial risks and opportunities and analysis of performance drivers.
• Partners with senior leadership (SVPs & VPs) in the business functional areas to provide financial insights, recommendations and best practices to help the company make effective resource allocation decisions.
• Prepares and communicates certain deliverables to senior management and the Board of Directors relating to the portfolio, guardrails, long-range plan and annual operating plan, linking strategy and intent to financial outcomes and measures of success.
• Researches issues as identified, reports findings, suggests alternative courses of action and constantly look for process improvements.
• Guides the business units through the financial planning and forecasting processes, leveraging the appropriate data elements for markets and for the industry to support the evaluation of strategic options and alternatives.
• Coordinates with other areas of Finance to ensure projected financial outcomes resulting from business plans are properly planned and forecasted.
• Oversees the building of processes and enterprise score-carding in an effort to continuously measure the overall health of Lowe’s financial portfolio.
• Supports the development of the long-range plan (LRP) for the enterprise, containing the aggregation of business unit plans and modeling for “what if” scenario analyses at the enterprise level.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field plus 7+ years of experience in finance or analytical role.
• Experience in strategic and financial modeling (2+ years).
• Experience leading people directly or indirectly.
• Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) based systems, multi-dimensional databases, such as TM1, Hyperion or Essebase.
• Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, TM1, Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, Svr).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.