Membership Information Coordinator
Provides database support for member information to include contributions and administrative support for all committees of the Stewardship Council.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provides database administrator support for Shelby Arena regarding membership and contributions, including build out of system components to support the Church’s processes.
• Create the database’s tag structure and provides support and training to administrative assistants for tagging and tracking member’s ministry involvement and discipleship engagement, provides member portal technical support to church members.
• Pulls demographic information, mailing lists and reports as needed.
• Actively seeks new information regarding members (i.e. change of address, phone numbers, e-mail, etc.), creates and maintains systems and processes for all church membership records (moving young adults from family grouping to separate households, removing inactive members from the rolls) to maintain membership data integrity.
• Update information about baptisms, confirmations and births in a timely manner.
• Prepare membership statistical report monthly for Session meeting and provide information for the annual statistical report that is required by the Presbyterian Church (USA).
• Monitor, acknowledge and analyze financial commitments.
• Organize various appeals (written and electronic) for stewardship including coordination of follow-up contacts, supports financial development initiatives for major gifts work.
• Support and administrative duties for Stewardship Council committees to include: meeting arrangements (room reservation, food and document preparation), correspondence and filing.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Major Gifts & Planned Giving.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to organize and initiate work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and adapt production timelines to changing conditions.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to produce results.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to effectively communicate through verbal, written or electronic means.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to read and interpret complex documents.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4-year college or university or 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Information systems knowledge including Microsoft Office suite, internet/intranet and database concepts.
• A willingness and ability to understand needs across multiple ministry teams and provide leadership for staff and church members in order to expand data collection and improve quality of reporting member participation.
• A committed follower of Jesus Christ with evidence of personal discipleship.
Physical and mental requirements:
• Physical requirements include but may not be limited to the frequent handling of files, books, boxes of documents, keyboarding, operating a telephone and other office equipment.
• Mental requirements include but may not be limited to general math functions, intermediate reading, advanced reasoning, advanced speaking ability and advanced writing ability.
• The employee is occasionally required to be mobile throughout the building and attend off-site functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.