The Global Tax Policy Business Unit Tax Advisory team has a Tax Advisor opening based in Charlotte. This role is to provide tax advice to, assist in providing tax advice to and help manage tax risk associated with certain business units in Global Markets, Global Banking and GWIM business units. The Tax Advisor will assist in tax review of new products and services to evaluate the potential impacts to the Company’s tax and accounting positions in all relevant jurisdictions. The role involves reviewing and evaluating the impact of any new tax laws, regulations or other authorities that impact existing products and services and working with the relevant business units to implement changes to approvals or guidelines necessary to comply with such new tax laws or regulations. In addition, the Tax Advisor will support the US Tax Shelter Policy and Compliance function and oversee the administration of the Global IRC Section 475 Identification Document and related processes.
Who you are:
• The candidate must have a firm understating of financial products, be able to manage several projects at one time and engage with individuals in business units.
• This position is posted as a Tax Advisor but is flexible to be filled as a Sr Tax Professional II if the posted qualifications are met by a strong Sr Tax Professional II level applicant.
Required skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• CPA or equivalent required.
• 5+ years in public accounting or a financial institution.
• Accounting firm or corporate tax department experience.
• Strong research skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.