Marketing Communication Manager (HIRED)
Passport transforms the way cities manage their operations. The fintech company’s mobile-first platform has been adopted by more than 450 cities, universities and private operators around the world in cities including Chicago, Toronto, London and Miami, across more than 5,000 locations. Passport’s product lines – parking, transit and tolling payments, parking enforcement and permit management – enable organizations in the public and private sectors to streamline their operations, enhance customer service and make data-driven decisions. Consistently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies and Best Places to Work in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport has an ingrained practice of putting People First – a guiding principle in its culture. Passport is backed by a group of investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital and Relevance Capital.
Who you are:
Passport is transforming an entire industry with innovative solutions that have never been imagined or created before. We are looking for a Marketing Communication Manager to help tell that story to the world by managing our public relations, social media and content strategies.
As a master storyteller you can help us create appealing messaging from complex issues and you are not afraid to explore new ideas and technologies. You have a constant drive to learn new things and you strive to become a thought leader in your area of expertise. The MarCom role will play a crucial role to help us position our brand as a leader and disruptor in the industry.
You are detail-oriented, organized and nothing slips through the cracks when you are involved. You have an amazing ability to juggle different projects and prioritize constantly. Measuring results drives you to constantly improve your strategies and look for better ways to do things. Above all, you have a passion for writing and developing the right messaging to communicate a brand’s value proposition in the most effective way. You take ownership of key deliverables and consistently try to ensure deliverables are simple and scalable. As someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall practice of marketing communication at Passport.
• Build a communication powerhouse within Passport that engages internal and external audiences (clients, prospects, employees, the media etc.) with strong messaging.
• Manage the press release creation and distribution for client launches and Passport announcements.
• Look for ways to regularly expand Passport’s press distribution network, develop relationships with key publications to ensure prominent placement of Passport’s content.
• Own the awards and recognitions process, continuously finding opportunities to submit Passport for industry awards and effectively communicate recognitions.
• Develop and implement Passport’s social media strategy, manage our social media channels and identify opportunities to grow our audience and engage our base.
• Craft thought leadership content that positions Passport as an innovator in our marketplace.
• Own Passport’s content strategy to strategically position our brand as a thought leader, maintain a content calendar and produce lead-generating, engaging content.
• Manage external vendors and PR agency.
• Measure and report on the effectiveness of marketing communication programs.
• Establish an effective marketing communication tech stack to drive effectiveness to the MarCom program, manage tools that help Passport scale.
• Improve Passport’s KPIs including awareness, engagement, impressions and award wins.
• 5+ years of experience in marketing communication, PR or similar roles in fast-paced environments.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communication, marketing or journalism.
• Data-driven, with a constant curiosity to identify better, more efficient ways to target the right audiences.
• Strong communication skills, including writing and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts into easy-to-understand messaging.
• Stellar public speaking and storytelling skills.
• Proven experience interacting and developing relationships with influencers in the media.
• Willingness to travel up to 10%.
• Strategic mindset.
• Communicates effectively.
• Plans and aligns.
• Drives results.
• Situational adaptability.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.