IT QA Tester
Security is one of the most successful residential and business security companies in the Southeast and employs over 600 people in multiple locations. Currently ranked in the top 15th in the nation, the Company’s continued growth is due, in part, to a corporate culture dedicated to superior customer service, cutting-edge technology and community involvement. CPI Security fosters a positive work environment that encourages everyone to strive to be the best. If you are confident in your abilities and take pride in your achievements, step up and identify yourself!
• Perform manual functional and regression testing on web platform and custom web/software developed by IT team. This includes functional, system integration and regression testing.
• Develop and document test plans, test scenarios and test cases on multiple work efforts of varying sizes.
• Understand requirements, user stories and use cases to test code and prepare for production implementation. Create test plans, test cases and test data as necessary.
• Verify that end-user expectations are achieved during the testing process as well as post-implementation. Ensure traceability of test cases and results to specified requirements. Conduct post-implementation reviews to improve the development and testing processes.
• Document and report defects for the applications being tested. Provide guidance and reproduction steps directly to developers. Coordinate with appropriate resources (IT and non-IT) to ensure proper tracking and resolution of all defects.
• Identify and communicate issues and business risks relative to testing and implementation. Provide status including test case numbers, percentages complete, etc.
• Learn quickly and work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Write effective SQL queries to aid application testing and support activities.
• Deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• BS degree in computer science or related field preferred.
• 4+ years of experience as a QA tester. Strong knowledge of testing best practices and methodologies, including the ability to perform requirements tracing and validations during testing.
• Significant software testing experience, including functional, unit, system integration and regression testing.
• Working knowledge of full lifecycle application development.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate ideas, problems and solutions effectively is essential.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
• Quick learner who can work effectively and collaborate in a team environment.
• Ability to take initiative and proactively offer suggestions and resolutions.
• Detail-oriented, analytical and thorough in testing assignments.
• Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Agile/Scrum experience is a plus.
Following skill are a plus
• SQL server scripting.