Ophthalmic Assistant (Dr. Kansupada) (HIRED)
Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas’ most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you. Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates, PA (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years is looking to add to their clinical support staff team. We are currently looking for an Ophthalmic Assistant with experience providing clinical support for an ophthalmologist. This position is with Dr. Kashyap Kansupada.
The physician sees patients in our Belmont, Huntersville and Pineville offices. Typically their schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:15 a.-.5 p.m. The staff member will assist the physician by providing preliminary medical evaluation to include diagnostic evaluation for clinical patients as well as providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Perform preliminary components of the ophthalmic work up due to nature of patient complaint and current status at the request of the physician.
• Instill eye medications as per physician’s order.
• Perform diagnostic testing to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patient (when appropriate).
• Provide education and instruction on the use and maintenance of contact lens.
• Document patient encounters properly in accordance to CEENTA compliance guidelines in electronic medical record software in a timely manner.
• Provide educational and triage information to patient and their families (when appropriate).
• Maintain OSHA standards to ensure sterilized and safe environment.
• Maintain CEENTA Compliance standards in regards to patient demographics and medical information.
Education and/or experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 1-3 months related Ophthalmic Assistant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to perform at a COA level or above preferred.
• Previous experience scribing a plus.
Skills and abilities
• Customer Service and organizational skills.
• Data entry.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Maintain positive, team-orientedd attitude with an attention to details.
• Prior experience utilizing an EMR or EHR platform
• Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance to CEENTA standards utilizing: (may vary by specialty and/ or physician) Phoropter, Tonometry, Slit Lamp, Pachometer, Visual Field machine, Fundus camera, OCT machine, Lensometer (manual and automated), Color plate.
Certificates and license
• Valid and active certificate from JCAHPO as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Certified Ophthalmic Technician is preferred but is not a requirement.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Our physicians believe in continuing education and offer opportunities for up to 30 hours of free CE a year, plus our compensation model is structured to offer higher wages to certified technicians. Join our team to provide excellent patient care.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.