Paid Search Supervisor
The Tombras Group, a 300+ person, full-service, national advertising agency is seeking a Paid Search Supervisor to join the Integrated Search department in our Knoxville, TN office (*relocation is offered*). We are in an exciting time of the department’s evolution and growth as we challenge ourselves to develop industry-leading techniques in machine learning and intelligent automation.
This position will report to the VP, Integrated Search and help lead a team of paid search strategists. The Paid Search Supervisor will be responsible for helping create, implement, execute and continually optimize effective paid search campaigns for a multi-brand Fortune 500 client. In addition to strategy, this position will be responsible for developing strong client relationships, training paid search assistants and managers, leveraging tactical expertise to optimize existing campaigns, and ensuring campaigns are meeting client objectives.
This position is best suited for a detail-oriented candidate who has 4+ years of agency search engine marketing experience in a large agency setting. You’ll be expected to be a collaborator and teacher who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing digital-focused agency. Beyond enterprise-level PPC/SEM strategy, a successful candidate will have great attention to detail and take full ownership of all projects, budgets, promotions and team goals.
The Paid Search Supervisor will be responsible for managing, assigning and implementing clients’ search objectives. This includes campaign strategy, quarterly and annual planning, execution, reporting, and budget management. You will be just as confident in quantitative analysis as you are communicating and collaborating with clients and cross-department teams of media planners, paid social strategists, and account service teams.
• Architect effective Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns with direction from the VP of Integrated Search.
• Exhibit confident communication skills to effectively present tactical paid search plans and campaign status reports to clients on a daily and weekly basis.
• Manage paid search bid management across multiple brands using best-in-class match type strategies, campaign settings, demographic targeting, remarketing, custom audience lists, and custom-built automation.
• Research keywords, analyze their relevance and perform competitive analysis.
• Recommend landing page strategies and consult on landing page planning and optimizations.
• Possess a well-developed analytical ability and a proven track record of extracting tangible insights from large data sets.
• A/B testing a multitude of campaign variables to increase the efficiency of campaign budgets to drive leads/conversion improvements, expand search impression share and drive higher ROI for our clients.
• Administer bid management tools to accurate pace daily paid search budgets.
• Monitor and analyze campaign performance in platforms like Google AdWords, Bing Ads, DoubleClick Search, Tableau and more.
• Implement and test strategies designed to increase conversion rates and lower cost-per-lead across multiple clients in multiple verticals.
• Work with the Paid Search Assistant to ensure billing and budget pacing is handled accurately and in a timely matter.
• Champion department processes, stay current on search marketing industry trends and best practices.
Experience and education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising/Marketing, Business, PR/Communications, Accounting, Finance or related field.
• 4+ years of experience within an advertising agency.
• Google AdWords certifications – experience managing multi-million dollar campaigns for enterprise clients.
• Proven track record of successful client relationship development.
• Proven success leading a team.
• Strong analytical thinker.
• Excellent communicator, team player and collaborator.
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint or Keynote.
• Intimate knowledge of website analytics programs (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, etc.).
• Experience working with various CMS environments is a plus (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, MODX, Magento, etc.).
What we offer:
The Tombras Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more.