Administrative Coordinator, Finance and HR (HIRED)
Assists with the administration of day-to-day operations of the Finance and HR functions and duties. The Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: HRIS, training and development, onboarding, talent management, electronic invoicing and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist VP, Finance & HR and HR Manager with project and duties, as assigned, to include special projects, meeting logistics and development of various documents.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings and trainings, reserving facilities, as needed.
• Participate in committees and/or workgroups to support HR/Finance function.
• Assist with recruiting and staffing logistics.
• Supports payroll processing.
• Prepares reports and spreadsheets to support various projects and functions.
• Coordinates Employee Onboarding, set up employees in HRIS/E-Invoicing, providing orientation/training.
• Administer badges for all staff, as well as parking passes to central office staff.
• Support HRIS systems, assist in maintenance of HRIS database and/or physical employee files.
• Set up active and terminated employee legal files, assist with organization and storage of Finance and HR files.
• Reconcile monthly billing statements to benefit enrollment and employee deductions.
• Assist in organizational communications, i.e., monthly development of CIS staff newsletter and other company communications.
• Assist with research and special projects, as needed.
• Develop PowerPoint presentations, based on need.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
• Problem-solving – identifies/resolves problems in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing info skillfully.
• Interpersonal skills – maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Written communication – prioritizes and plans work activities, using time efficiently, develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness monitoring own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability – adapts to change in work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability – consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security – actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures.
Education and experience requirements:
• 4-year college degree or equivalent previous HR/Finance experience.
• A Minimum of two years previous experience in HR/Finance preferred.
• Prior experience working with a payroll system strongly preferred.
• Excellent Computer skills, including both Microsoft Office products and Google suite, with an emphasis on very strong Excel skills.
• Effective presentation skills, to be able to present to both large and small groups.
• Able to exhibit a high-level of confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Utilize creativity to enhance communications.