Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is now open in South End.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The scoop shop is located in front of the Design Center on Camden Road, just around the corner from Superica, the hot new Tex-Mex restaurant. This is the first Jeni’s location in North Carolina and 35th overall.
Jeni’s South End has about 20 flavor options ranging from honey vanilla bean to frose to goat cheese with red cherries. I recommend their salted caramel, brambleberry crisp or milkiest chocolate.
Single scoops or their standard two half scoops will run you $5.
First it was Topgolf, then it was Shake Shack — now it’s Jeni’s turn to commence a citywide freakout. Expect lines. Charlotte is foaming-at-the-mouth excited.
Jeni’s Famous Ice Creams scores a perfect four out of four on my patent pending scientific Charlotte Freak Out Checklist.
- Familiarity. Charlotte will be Jeni’s 35th scoop shop. Transplants know about Jeni’s and love Jeni’s.
- Location. As a stand-alone building outside South End’s Design Center, Jeni’s location is easy to access, highly visible from Camden and located in our city’s hottest neighborhood.
- Taste. Jeni’s ice cream is really, really good.
- Social. The chic scoop shop design is so beautiful that it’ll be impossible to not Instagram and our city loves itself some Instagram.
Oh, and Jeni’s “Street Treats” Ice Cream Truck is driving around town giving away free (yes, free) ice cream to build awareness.
Here’s their trucks remaining schedule:
- Saturday 7/28 – Resident Culture Brewing Company, 3-6 p.m.
- Sunday 7/29 – Warby Parker, 2-5 p.m.
- Friday 8/3 – South End Gallery Crawl, 6-9 p.m.
- Saturday 8/4 – Moxie Mercantile, 1-4 p.m.
- Friday 8/10 – Friday nights at Camp North End, 5-9 p.m.