This is part of a new series called Apartment Hunting, where we profile new apartment and condo communities. We’ll also be profiling apartment interior design. If you’re a developer or an apartment dweller that would like to be featured, shoot us a note.
Say hello to Midwood Station, a 97-unit apartment community in Plaza Midwood.
- Opened: May 2018
- Construction status: Complete
- Exact address: 2017 Central Avenue
- Units: 97
- Unit breakdown: 1 and 2 bedroom units available
- Price range: $1,160-$2,265
- Current deal: Find a branded coaster at any Plaza Midwood business for a waived application fee
What’s within walking distance of Midwood Station? The heart of Plaza Midwood.
10 noteworthy destinations within walking distance include:
- Common Market Plaza Midwood – 2007 Commonwealth Avenue – A neighborhood staple 15+ years running, this bodega is a one-stop-shop for food, drink and socializing
- Harris Teeter – 1704 Central Avenue – Full-service grocery store with a second-floor seating area
- Legion Brewing – 1906 Commonwealth Avenue – The brewery’s original location, known for Juicy Jay
- Pure Pizza – 1911 Central Avenue – Fast-casual pizza joint with farm-to-table pizza, sandwiches and salads
- Resident Culture Brewing Company – 2101 Central Avenue – Local brewery focused on hoppy IPAs and pale ales
- Soul Gastrolounge – 1500 Central Avenue – Small plates, sushi and handcrafted cocktails served in a stunning atmosphere
- Sushi Guru Plaza Midwood – 1217 The Plaza – The SouthPark go-to’s sister location, offering the same sushi menu and new Asian fusion-style dishes including poke bowls and sushi pizza
- Undercurrent Coffee – 2012 Commonwealth Avenue – Recently-opened coffee shop with full breakfast and dessert menu
- Veterans Memorial Park – 2136 Central Avenue – 19-acre public park with sprayground, sports fields, indoor shelter, walking trails and playground
- Whiskey Warehouse – 1221 The Plaza – A Bottle Cap Group pub featuring drink specials, wings, burgers, salads and sandwiches, plus a rooftop bar called Top Shelf
The apartment complex has a total of 97 units and 10 different floor plans. View floor plans and pricing here.
- Unit features: Open floor plans, chef-inspired gooseneck faucets, stainless steel appliances, herringbone tile backsplashes, built-in kitchen shelving, kitchen island with wine rack, Nest technology, large closets, walk-in showers
- 1-bedroom price range: $1,160-$2,115
- 2-bedroom price range: $1,875-$2,265
Common area features include a saltwater pool with sunshelf, fitness center with Peleton bike and on-demand classes, resident lounge with wifi, business lounge with wifi and iMacs, courtyard with fire pit and grilling lounge with garage door.
Amenities include bike storage, 24/7 secured package kiosk, monthly resident events and 24-hour emergency maintenance.
The fine print:
- Pet policy: 2 pets max with some breed restrictions; $300 non-refundable pet fee per pet, $15 rent per pet
- Parking policy: First come, first served in an open surface lot. Guest parking available on the side street
- Pool policy: One guest per apartment
- Internet and cable policy: Not included; property provider is AT&T