Account Manager (HIRED)
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Business Development team and you will support and execute go-to-market business development and marketing strategies. As a Business Development professional, you’ll work with account teams to build relationships with our clients, drive new business and build revenue growth.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As Business Development Account Manager, Assistant Director, you will manage business development activity for strategic priority accounts. You will work closely with partners and Business Development executives, to facilitate strategic, multi-disciplinary teams. Together you will also create an integrated, client-focused account team, through communications, frequent follow-up, meetings and reporting.
In this role, you will often manage the work of others. Although you will receive general supervision, you will be expected to work independently.
• Provide account management support for 4-5 priority accounts. This will involve passing on knowledge, charting account progress, and executing action items.
• Working with the Business Development Leader, co-lead account team meetings by setting and managing meeting agendas. Act as the central point-of-contact for the account team.
• Co-manage the sales pursuit process, working with the Business Development Leader. Manage part of the pursuits process to tight deadlines (e.g., account research, proposal writing, preparation of oral presentations).
• Use client intelligence to identify areas of opportunity for account teams. Participate in client meetings, at the discretion of the account team. May establish protocols for assessing service quality (ASQ) for accounts. May serve as an interviewer.
• Collect relevant account research from knowledge resources, and distribute this to the account team. This information could cover the target/client, its industry and its competitors. It may include key financial information, press releases and relevant organizational thought leadership information. The research will be used to develop account management and/or pursuit strategy/proposals.
• Support client-facing meetings, pursuits and proposals, possibly using marketing collateral, research, business analysis and competitive intelligence.
• Help hire staff members, and manage their performance. May supervise and/or counsel subordinate account coordinators.
• Regularly act as project manager for large, global accounts, coordinating day-to-day activities.
• Gain an understanding of EY’s account management and relationship tools and processes.
To qualify, candidates must have:
• A strong executive presence.
• Basic selling skills.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
• A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience; previous sales and/or marketing experience desirable.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.