VP of Home Operations
At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We make buying and selling home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, have raised over $600 million from top-notch investors and are growing fast, buying and selling more than $100 million of homes per month.
About the role:
As the National Vice President of Home Operations you will be instrumental in developing the policies and programs that will determine the direction of the Home Operations platform in all of Opendoor’s markets across the nation. Working directly with a team of National Construction Directors and Construction Directors in each market, you will help empower our local operators with the tools, programs, data, and mentorship required to ensure the successful completion of the purchase, renovation and resale of single-family homes. As a successful National Vice President you bring strategic insight to national programs while being metrics oriented at the local level. You are highly collaborative, comfortable working with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies, and are a proven people manager dedicated to building high-performing teams. You are willing to travel 50% to ensure local markets are properly supported in achieving our vision for the Home Operations platform.
• Support the National Head of Home Operations by working alongside a team of National Construction Directors to provide direct, strategic support to city operations.
• Assist the Market Construction Directors in building a team of field and office based personnel designed to operate efficiently, compressing repair and renovation costs while maintaining product quality.
• Analyze speed, cost and quality performance metrics by market to identify opportunities for improvement and assist the City General Managers, National Directors and Market Directors in implementing corrective action.
• Support the National Directors and market Directors in defining and enforcing market quality and pricing standards.
• Provide thought leadership and drive innovative programing solutions to differentiate our business.
• Act as a key stakeholder in Home Operations change management including communications and training for program updates and improvements.
• Work with the National Training team to develop a learning platform that prepares all Homes team members for their job functions and provides ongoing role specific personal development.
• Act as liaison between market teams and national support groups.
• Support the National Head of Home Operations in all aspects of renovation operations.
Education and/or experience:
• 10+ years in residential construction/renovation management.
• 10+ years of national or regional supervisory experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Master in Business Administration preferred.
• General computer/software skills and willingness to learn new software programs.
• Quantitative and data analysis skills.
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
• Ability to travel extensively.
• A team-first mentality and eagerness to set and meet aggressive goals.
Opendoor values openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.