Passport transforms the way cities manage their operations. The fintech company’s mobile-first platform has been adopted by more than 450 cities, universities and private operators around the world in cities including Chicago, Toronto, London and Miami, across more than 5,000 locations. Passport’s product lines – parking, transit and tolling payments, parking enforcement and permit management – enable organizations in the public and private sectors to streamline their operations, enhance customer service and make data-driven decisions. Consistently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies and Best Places to Work in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport has an ingrained practice of putting People First – a guiding principle in its culture. Passport is backed by a group of investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital and Relevance Media.
As a Software Engineer at Passport, you will be at the center of our efforts to build and/or redesign scalable software solutions for our clients. You will design, develop, test and debug software and your efforts will be critical to ensuring we are building and deploying code that meets the ongoing needs of our clients. You will work closely with the application product team and take direction from more senior engineers and leads. Note we are hiring for all levels (Junior to Senior).
• Developing and testing software modules.
• Modifying and enhancing existing software.
• Working on project teams to develop software.
• Participating in the full development lifecycle – including development, testing, deployment and support.
• Managing your workload to meet the deadlines and goals provided.
• Debugging and troubleshooting.
• Optimizing and improving existing code.
• Communicating key project status to team members and proactively identifying issues.
• Documenting key work processes.
• Understanding basic business context for code being built.
• Learning new concepts and software regularly.
Who you are:
You have excellent attention to detail and can troubleshoot issues with ease. You are curious, approach every challenge with a solutions-oriented mindset and know how to deliver. You can multitask between multiple complex projects and operational requests. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints and implement the best solution. You are not afraid of changes along the way – you have a chameleon-like ability to adapt to your surroundings and still figure out how to deliver your assignments. You obsess over the details. Simply put, you have it all together – people enjoy working with you, your teammates respect you and you can juggle it all.
You’re up to date on all of the latest technologies and blogs and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to join and contribute to the overall software engineering team at Passport.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or another related field or equivalent experience.
• Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
• Ability to learn relevant programming languages.
• Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles.
• Good written and verbal communication.
• Problem-solving aptitude.
• The ability to travel as necessary.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.