Product Marketing Manager
Passport transforms the way cities manage their operations. The fintech company’s mobile-first platform has been adopted by more than 450 cities, universities and private operators around the world in cities including Chicago, Toronto, London and Miami, across more than 5,000 locations. Passport’s product lines – parking, transit and tolling payments, parking enforcement and permit management – enable organizations in the public and private sectors to streamline their operations, enhance customer service and make data-driven decisions. Consistently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies and Best Places to Work in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport has an ingrained practice of putting People First – a guiding principle in its culture. Passport is backed by a group of investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital and Relevance Capital.
As Product Marketing Manager at Passport, you will hold a crucial role at the intersection of product, marketing and sales. Passporters are developing world-class products to change people’s everyday lives and you will be responsible for positioning and messaging those products to drive demand. You have a special passion for clients and their needs and you are an excellent writer and communicator. Being able to analyze trends is crucial for this role as you will be looked at as the expert in positioning and messaging. Are you ready to help us create the best story about our products so we can continue to dominate the market?
• Work with Passport’s industry-leading product and marketing teams to position its products.
• Become an expert on Passport’s products and develop strong sales enablement content (presentations, cut sheets, case studies, demos, product ads etc.).
• Conduct market and client research to uncover appropriate messaging for products and develop buyer and user personas.
• Analyze the competitive landscape and create positioning against competitors.
• Develop case studies in multiple media formats (video, written, presentation slides etc.) and create a database of referenceable clients.
• Lead the creation of campaigns to target new prospects and clients for upsell.
• Manage content development for users and clients (white papers, ebooks, blogs, user guides, technical product guides, website content etc.).
• Create a new product and feature launch process in order to drive adoption.
• Contribute to the development of go to market strategies.
• Become a product evangelist internally and externally, speak at trade shows or other events and conduct internal trainings on product positioning.
• Measure and analyze results of product campaigns.
Who you are:
You are detail-oriented, organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You measure everything. You are inquisitive and you know how to listen and incorporate new knowledge into your product strategy. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal and you understand how to effectively convey ideas to various stakeholders across the organization and in the market. As someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall practice of product marketing at Passport.
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on marketing, business or analytics.
• 3+ years of business experience, preferably in product marketing or research roles.
• Passion for the client/user and a curious mindset to uncover trends (e.g. find competitive intelligence).
• Strong communication skills, including writing and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts into easy to understand messaging.
• Stellar public speaking and storytelling skills.
• Proven experience developing sales enablement content and working with sales and product teams to – bring new products to market.
• Willingness to travel up to 10%.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.