Assistant Director of Donor Relations (HIRED)
The Office of Donor Relations seeks to strengthen the ties between the college and the community. The office serves those who give their time, money and service to the College, overseeing such activities as gift acknowledgment, reporting, donor recognition and stewardship. The Assistant Director of Donor Relations will work closely with the donor relations team to develop and implement strategic stewardship efforts to foster and maintain meaningful communication and relationships between Davidson and its donors. The assistant director is responsible for the acknowledgment process, individual stewardship efforts and student engagement.
• The assistant director manages the donor acknowledgment process in Blackbaud CRM and liaises with other College Relations departments to assist with their acknowledgment efforts. This includes drafting correspondence, updating templates quarterly and periodic process reviews to ensure we are meeting our goals. The assistant director also coordinates the leadership acknowledgment process.
• The Assistant Director will help the Director of Donor Relations develop and maintain individual stewardship plans for top donors in Blackbaud CRM. The assistant director also assists with student engagement on campus and coordinates the department’s outreach to current students and scholarship recipients as well as the planning and execution of stewardship events involving students.
• The Assistant Director will work closely with the Director of Donor Relations and other members of the donor relations team to execute this work. The position will also include special projects as assigned and require staffing of Donor Relations and College Relations events from time to time (Board of Visitors, Reunion and end-of-fiscal year activities).
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
• Capacity to adapt to changing priorities and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Experience with Blackbaud CRM or constituent management software.
• Experience with desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign.
• Experience in donor relations, preferably in higher education.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.