Account Services Specialist, Corporate Education Partnerships
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K. and more than 50 countries.
Discovery Education’s Corporate Education Partnerships (“CEP”) team is mission-driven and drives the organization’s public/private partnerships, collaborating across all sectors with like-minded organizations to support critical needs in the K-12 universe in order to drive youth achievement. The output of these partnerships includes cause marketing initiatives, workforce development solutions and support for K-12 school service distribution in schools nationwide. We believe that access to dynamic learning experiences should not be dependent upon a student’s zip code and are committed to the transformation of teaching and learning in order to drive student achievement. Explore the future of education at DiscoveryEducation.com.
What we are looking for:
The Account Services Specialist provides a critical role managing day to day operations for developing and executing program deliverables that meet client objectives. The qualified candidate will take ownership of projects and client communications and be responsible for all elements of account management, renewing account deliverables, upselling when appropriate and actively merchandising the account.
• Demonstrates a core understanding of marketing tools and techniques on behalf of several different client directives.
• Specifically focuses on program activation and merchandising the program for the client and for DE.
• Participates in overall planning process.
• Works with client and account leader(s) to determine program parameters and overall requirements.
• Assists with program metrics, research findings, data, competitive activity, etc.
• Assists program team in developing program-specific creative strategies and ongoing optimizations.
• Works with program team to ensure program elements are on target.
• Reviews analysis of program results and makes recommendations to drive engagement.
• Supports client contact on day-to-day program development and leads client communication on specific assignments you are accountable for.
• May develop or assist account leader(s) in preparing and delivering client presentations and recommendations.
• Ensures client needs and deliverables are met.
• Acts as an advocate for the client and for DE.
• Establishes and maintains a positive relationship with clients.
• Finds solutions to day-to-day issues/problems including liaising internally on behalf of client.
• Provides feedback to team and to individuals on client-related issues as appropriate.
• Recommends new techniques to resolving issues.
• Demonstrates to client how Discovery Education adds value.
• Helps to manage key aspects of budgets (including review/approval of POs/Invoices).
• Oversees expenses and ensures that budgets will not be exceeded and that budgets are revised as needed.
• Works to identify cost-saving measures throughout program development and execution.
• Demonstrates extreme attention to detail to ensure flawless delivery of deliverables.
• Provides appropriate direction to team members and other departments to meet program and client deliverables.
• Works with team to raise issues/points of view and develop a unified point‐of‐view to client.
• Works to ensure quality and timeliness and to ensure it meets client and program objectives.
• Secures appropriate client and internal approvals before work is released.
• Ensures that sound business principles are applied and followed.
• Continuously notifies team and client on program progress.
• Prepares reports for internal and client meetings as needed.
• Conducts” work-in-progress” meetings when necessary.
• Issues client status reports and necessary program documentation.
• Supports account team with sell‐in for new project ideas to client and utilizes Discovery resources.
• Researches and updates team on current industry news related to client projects.
• Manages contractors remotely.
• Mission-driven and passionate about Discovery Education’s vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus.
• Professional experience at a minimum 3-5 years in client relations, marketing and/or advertising roles.
• Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree’s preferred.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
• Knowledgeable about sales and implementation processes as well as customer success environment, demonstrated skills to merchandise and promote programs to achieve desired outcomes for customer and Discovery Education.
• Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate exceptional leadership, strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, flawless organization skills and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Team builder, not turf builder.
• The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion, committed to getting the job done, sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude.
• The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged, ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects and prioritize competing timelines, demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach.
• Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
• Because we all need to laugh sometimes.
• Experience in creating polished written presentations and reports, proficiency in presentation design (Keynote or PowerPoint), Microsoft Word and Outlook, Social Media, etc. Experience with graphic design software a plus.
• Candidates must be willing to travel 40-60% of the time to meet with partners, customers, or internal meetings.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.