Taylor, a brand counselor and marketing communications partner to a select portfolio of the world’s leading consumer brands, is seeking a savvy PR professional at the Account Executive level to add to its growing Charlotte, NC office. Named “Consumer Agency of the Decade” by The Holmes Group, Taylor has partnered with some of the world’s leading consumer brands using lifestyle, sports and entertainment platforms to drive consumer engagement. Founded in 1984, Taylor has over 100 employees with headquarters in New York and offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Charlotte and Atlanta. We are looking for an Account Executive who will become deeply immersed into the business of our client partners and serve as a day-to-day client contact.
• Understand agency’s business, demonstrate ability to articulate how Taylor differentiates itself and communicate how this benefits clients.
• Serve as one of the day-to-day contacts for clients, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of clients’ business, industry trends and competitive environments.
• Researching and drafting press materials including the development of robust media lists, fact sheets, pitch notes, message points and more.
• Actively listening, presenting, verbalizing and writing in an articulate and persuasive manner.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key media contacts to successfully pitch and secure local, regional and national print, broadcast and online/social media placements.
• Proactively identify media relations challenges (traditional and digital) and recommend appropriate “course correcting” solutions.
• Conducting research and analysis and developing and presenting reports for client partners.
• Helping to lead the implementation of media events, trips, social influencer programs and media tours.
• Demonstrating knowledge of all relevant digital platforms through hands-on sessions, contribution to community management (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and providing POVs to colleagues.
• Managing and executing Digital initiatives (including influencer programs) for clients, whenever possible.
• Actively participating in social media monitoring and developing social media measurement reports.
Desired skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field is preferred.
• 2+ years of agency and/or corporate public relations experience, specifically working with consumer brands, is preferred.
• Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and staff.
• Strong writer across a variety of platforms including social media writing.
• Great attention to detail, enthusiasm, organization, multi-tasking and desire to be a team player.
•Creative thinker that is paying attention to what other brands and industries are doing.
• Demonstration of successes in earned media relations, including a strong list of media/journalist contacts across multiple verticals.
• Must have high level of interest in digital and emerging technologies and New Media landscape and experience with new media outlets including blogs, communities, networks.
• Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media.
• Understanding of Microsoft Office tools.
• Possess a vested interest in sports as well as consumer brands.