Analytic Attribution Analyst (HIRED)
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
Barings is looking for an Analyst to oversee the full spectrum of the attribution process for all the various groups within the firm. This position reports to an Associate Director or a Director within the Global Investment Services Department and will be located in Charlotte, NC.
• Create and interpret monthly performance attribution.
• Communicate analysis to the clients, product management and portfolio management teams on a monthly basis.
• Where required, work with stakeholders within Investment, Product or Distribution to explain attribution results/methodology or agree value added enhancements to output.
• Work with team members to QC the data going from our internal systems to Factset to ensure accuracy.
• Oversee daily analytic calculation process, research and resolve issues with analytics and/or other data issues through modeling of bonds within YieldBook, Factset and RiskSpan.
• Work through daily analytic QCs to cleanse the data which PMs are managing the portfolios against.
• Work with various departments within the organization including the warehouse, trades operations desk and SSB, to resolve daily matters that arise from a data issue.
• Assist with responses to the RFPs from sales or marketing.
• Execute ad-hoc report requests for either internal or external consumption.
• 4 year college degree required.
• 2-4 years of investment related experience, preferably in performance, attribution or alternatively a fixed income, finance or investment related field.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
• Experience with some form of portfolio management system (Factset, Bloomberg, Citigroup, etc.) desired.
• Understanding of bond math and fixed income analytics.
• Aptitude to learn technical tools (e.g. SQL) that are utilized within the group.
• Ability to manage several projects in different stages of completion concurrently.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Aptitude for working well in a team environment.
• Creativity at devising solutions to problems.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.