Administrative Program Coordinator
This is a full-time position working 30-35 hour/week plus monthly Jazz Room shows. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is well organized, creative and experienced in managing a variety of tasks with excellent customer service skills. The JAI Administrative Program Coordinator will report to the President of the organization. The primary purpose of this position is to handle day to day operations involving program check requests, contractor and merchant payments, e-mail correspondences and any other duties of an administrative nature. This is a great opportunity for someone with exceptional administrative skill, a passion for music and a keen interest in learning this sector of the nonprofit industry. This is a contracted position and does not include employee benefits or Jazz Arts Initiative employee status.
• Process all artist invoices and agreements for JAI presentations and educational programs.
• Coordinate contractor payments and invoices.
• Manage bookings and main coordination of school administration for Jazz in Schools Program.
• Coordinate collection of program materials and distribution for marketing.
• Process JAI payments and reconciliation on a monthly basis.
• Manage Jazz Academy registrations and Jazz Room memberships/renewals, manage regular correspondence
with these programs.
• Support relationship management between JAI and community partners.
• Assist President (phone calls, meeting scheduling, e-mail correspondence, program reports and website
analytics) and other online initiatives.
• Manage and maintain JAI database.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or
responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
• 2+ years work experience in an arts, education and/or business-related field.
• A strong personal commitment to the JAI mission and vision.
• Positive outlook, energetic collaborator skilled in building and facilitating relationships.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal and professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Detailed oriented, ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently.
• Computer applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop, a plus.
• Experience with Altru CRM and reporting software, a plus.
• Familiarity with the Jazz art form and history (both Classic and Modern), a plus.
JAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Jazz Arts encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position. To learn more about Jazz Arts Initiative please visit www.TheJazzArts.org.