This is part of a new series called Apartment Hunting, where we profile new apartment and condo communities. We’ll also be profiling apartment interior design. If you’re a developer or an apartment dweller that would like to be featured, shoot us a note.
Say hello to Novel NoDa, a 334-unit apartment community in NoDa.
Here’s a quick overview of Novel NoDa:
- Opened: Spring 2018
- Construction status: Residential space will be done later this summer, while the 30,000 square feet of retail will be under construction until summer 2019
- Exact address: 424 East 36th Street
- Units: 334 (300,000 square feet of rentable space)
- Unit breakdown: Studio, 1- and 2-bedroom
- Price range: $1,195-$2,200
- Current deal: $1,500-$2,500 in free rent if your lease begins by June 30; $1,000 in free rent if move-in date is later
What’s within walking distance of Novel NoDa?
10 noteworthy destinations within walking distance include:
- Amélie’s – 2424 North Davidson Street – 24-hour french bakery known for its Salted Caramel Brownie (SCB if you’re in the know)
- Boudreaux’s Louisiana Kitchen – 501 East 36th Street – Cajun-style restaurant whose menu includes seafood, gumbo and low country shrimp and grits
- Cabo Fish Taco – 3201 North Davidson Street – Southwest and Baja-inspired food served in a casual setting that was once featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
- Haberdish – 3106 North Davidson Street – Gorgeous restaurant from the mind behind Crepe Cellar and Growler’s Pourhouse that’s known for its Southern comfort food (get the fried chicken) and cocktails
- NoDa Company Store – 3221 Yadkin Avenue – Neighborhood hangout with a great selection of beer, wine and art, plus an incredible patio
- NoDa Farmers Market – 704 East 36th Street – Year-round market featuring vendors such as Greeneman Farms, Orrman’s Cheese Shop and Wish We Had Acres
- Sabor Latin Street Grill – 3205 North Davidson Street – Latin street food at jaw-droppingly affordable price points. Stop by on Tuesday for $1 tacos
- Salud Beer Shop – 3306 North Davidson Street – Bottle shop with 16 beers on tap and hundreds of canned and bottled varieties on its shelves
- Smelly Cat – 514 East 36th Street – Award-winning coffeehouse and home to Coffee Roaster
- Wooden Robot – 424 East 36th Street – The second location will make a home for itself at Novel NoDa, bringing a 3,000-square-foot patio and rooftop beer garden to the neighborhood
Novel NoDa apartment unit breakdown
The apartment complex has a total of 334 units and 23 different floor plans, including lofts. View floor plans and pricing here.
- Unit features: Catch-all counters with built-in recycling bins, front entry hobby wall, fully connected floorplan, large dressing rooms connected to separate water closets and barn-style doors
- Studio price range: $1,195-$1,402
- 1-bedroom price range: $1,329-$1,800
- 2-bedroom price range: $1,695-$2,105
Quick tour of the Novel NoDa common areas
Common area features include a saltwater pool with a sundeck, indoor/outdoor lounge with skyline views, business lounge, fitness center and courtyard. The focus on local art, which you’ll find scattered through the halls, pays homage to the neighborhood.
Standout amenities at Novel NoDa
- Direct access to 36th Street Station, plus a transit lounge equipped with free WiFi and coffee while you wait
- 30,000 square feet of restaurant, brewery and retail space, plus a public terrace
- Indoor/outdoor lounge with skyline views
- A dog spa and DIY workshop, which will both open later this year
- Biergarten with cornhole, grills and beer tastings
- Fitness center with on-demand workouts and a private exercise room
The fine print:
- 3 pets per apartment. $500 fee for dogs, $350 fee for cats, plus a $15 pet rent
- The 580-space parking garage has 120 public spaces; the rest are reserved for residents in an access-controlled part of the garage and can be used with a permit
- Each resident gets one wristband for the pool, and each household gets 2 guest wristbands