Manager Customer Insights (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a Fortune 50 company with operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With over 1,800 stores, Lowe’s is also the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world and growing. Beyond the Lowe’s banner, Lowe’s also owns such brands as Orchard Hardware, Reno Depot, Rona and Alacrity.
Customer Insight & Analytics (CI&A) is a 70-person team located in Mooresville, NC (a suburb of Charlotte) and Bangalore, India. CI&A rolls up to the VP of Data, Analytics and Customer Insights (DACI). The DACI organization was designed to foster strong partnership between Insights, Analytics, Data Science and Engineering and to better enable customer understanding to drive all that Lowe’s does. This will set the quality of our insights and analytics efforts apart from other retailers (both brick and mortar and online) and in turn, CI&A will help steer the future success of Lowe’s and its affiliates.
The Customer Insights Manager will own various aspects of customer research for Lowe’s US in a few key areas such as Marketing and Customer Experience.
Key responsibilities include:
• Partnership with key business partners in Marketing, Special Event tracking and Value teams, Customer Experience, etc. on most strategic Lowe’s initiatives, translating business needs to how Customer Insights will deliver research so that the customer is at the center of decision making.
• Integrate knowledge across their CI&A team to bring relevant insights to DACI and the whole of the Lowe’s business, especially in key forums with executives to highlight the state of the Lowe’s customer.
• Manage about $2 million research budget in the most effective manner while addressing the key needs of the business.
• Coaching opportunities for those more junior in the organization.
• In partnership with the Director, serve as the external face of Lowe’s customer knowledge at key conferences and recruiting events.
Budget and direct reports
• This individual will have roughly a $2M budget for research and guide 1 analyst on day-to-day activities in Mooresville. This role reports into the Customer Insights Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Econometrics, Information Sciences, Applied Quantitative or related field plus 5-7 years experience in market research field.
• 5 years of experience working with analytic software (e.g., SPSS, Wincross, etc.).
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• 3+years of leading teams and proven business impact.
• Mastery of unique market research areas including Marketing and In-Store Experience.
• Master’s Degree in related field.
• Experience working in a retail environment.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.