Business Development Representative – TeleSales
Financial Research Associates is one of the nation’s largest conference organizations. As a division of London based Wilmington PLC, we are a preferred source for executive continuing education providing leading-edge content and relevant information utilizing notable speakers who are subject matter experts in their fields. Our executive education focuses on topics in healthcare, finance and government. We have a distributed workforce headquartered in Charlotte-NC with offices in NYC and California.
The Business Development Representative (BDR-Telesales) will communicate/sell directly to potential customers, promoting the Wilmington FRA events/conferences, utilizing best practice sales techniques to convey our value proposition around live events/conferences and “close” sales. Outreach is via telephone conversations and personal emails complete with pertinent content and selling messages. You’ll have ownership of specific conferences/events with the responsibility for delivering the established number of delegates or quota per conference.
• Responding to leads generated through our Marketing efforts – The marketing team creates hot leads then passes to you via a link between Marketo and SFDC for you follow-up and close.
• Building a network of social connections for reach into the targeted audience.
• Developing corporate partnerships that deliver multiple delegates from one corporate entity. – Act as primary contact for all delegate partnerships and monitor traction/engagement.
• Identify top corporate influencers as acquisition targets and directly connect with them via social media, phone, email, etc. (cold calling).
• Manage salespPipeline – track all leads and contacts in Saleforce.com for pipeline visibility and coordination within overall sales function.
• Own the customer – field customer service questions from potential attendees and ensure that all conference information reaches the targeted audience
• Provide internal market feedback – we rely on BDR’s to understand the pulse of the audience and share that information with the entire team so we can react appropriately.
Qualifications and skill sets:
• Self-starter with a results orientation.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Good telephone skills with experience selling and closing via phone.
• Classic sales skills and knowledge/utilization of best practice fortelesaless.
• B2B inside sales person with experience building relationships at a corporate level to ensure multiple delegate sales via one decision-making contact.
• Comfortable talking with high-level executives.
• Persistent but not intimidating.
• Persuasive communicator, verbally and in writing.
• B2B social media saavy.
• Task manager with organizational skills to prioritize and multi-task.
• Mature, discreet and reliable personality.
• High energy personality with a competitive spirit.
• Proficient in Salesforce.com (contact management, activity tracking, etc).
Education and experience
• A bachelor’s degree.
• Healthcare, Dental, Life Insurance and 401K.
• Relaxed, casual work environment with great teams.
• This is a base plus commission position.