Receptionist/Personal Insurance Assistant
• Receptionist duties (primary) – answering the phone and greeting visitors.
• Speaking with clients and assisting them with items like billing questions, claims and changes to clients auto and home policies.
• Following agency processes and procedures.
• Taking accurate notes in agency management system client files.
• All manner of clerical and administrative tasks.
• Client contact.
• Support for our marketing activities.
• And much more.
• This position also serves as the training ground to learn the insurance business and advance to higher levels of income and responsibility, if desired.
What we will give you:
• A steady, reliable work schedule.
• An opportunity to advance to above average income levels.
• A pleasant workplace with friendly co-workers.
• Fast-paced, varied work with no time to get bored.
What we are looking for:
• A bright, fast learner.
• Proficient on computers in the Windows environment.
• Positive, upbeat and courteous.
• Reliable, trustworthy and dependable.
• Willing to be involved and help out wherever help is needed.
• Looking for an opportunity to prove yourself.
• If this interests you, no direct experience is needed.
• We are a professional office, so you must appear and behave professionally at all times – especially with our clients. Our dress code is business-relaxed, but we are always professional.
• The lifeblood of our business is people, so you must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing. That means proper grammar (again verbally and in writing), a pleasant disposition, etc.
• Our office is highly automated, so you must be able to learn and retain new computer activities extremely fast and well.
• Your primary duties are answering the phone and greeting visitors, so you must be pleasant at all times with our callers and visitors.
• Our environment is busy and can be quite hectic at times, so you must be able to perform your tasks properly while being regularly interrupted to answer the phone and greet visitors. If you are easily flustered by chaos and “multi-tasking”, please do not apply.
• Your duties include highly detailed tasks that require great accuracy, so you MUST thrive on working with details and getting them right.
• You must get to work on time. You know yourself. If you can’t get to work on time, please do not apply.
• You must get to work reliably. We are located in Charlotte, 28262.
• You must be able to work during our office hours of Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (includes a 30-minute lunch break). These hours are not flexible. Our clients expect us to be available when we say we are.
• Receptionist, administrative and/or insurance agency experience is a plus.