Manager, Public Relations
This full-time role oversees public relations for the World of Outlaws, the Super DIRTcar Series, DIRTcar Racing and related entities by maintaining a favorable public image, promoting events, the series and the company as a whole, communicating policy, accomplishments and points of view, fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media, preparing media kits organizing press conference and managing crisis communications.
What you will do:
• Develop and implement strategic public relations programs and a strong PR team, including developing and managing the PR coordinators and providing editorial guidance.
• Establish and manage the editorial calendar with the end objective of event promotion and coverage throughout all our series.
• Analyze, optimize and communicate the metrics and impact of your team.
• Build relationships with endemic media and expand the horizons to include untapped media.
• Help coordinate media access to teams and drivers to ensure thorough yet varied exposure.
• Planning and executing press conferences and media kits are also a responsibility to help promote events and series.
• You aren’t just in the office as there are opportunities to serve in an at-track role at high profile events like DIRTcar Nationals, World Finals and Super DIRT Week. At those events, you manage the media center and requests to become the key resource for media members.
Who you are:
• You already have at least 5 years of previous journalism or PR experience, preferably in a leadership role.
• Your history of success includes traditional and interactive PR programs.
• You have a BS or BA degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or Sports Management.
• You also have an understanding of the motorsports industry and are comfortable with digital media and web content management. It goes without saying that you have a strong writing ability.