VP of Marketing (HIRED)
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a nearly 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps 7,000 families realize their dream of homeownership. In the United States, the company is represented in 10 markets –Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando (where its US head office is located), Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Southeast Florida – and in Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversees and trains the marketing team to ensure the timely completion of marketing responsibilities.
• Based upon competitive knowledge and thorough research, contributes market insights to the visioning, strategic planning and theming for each new community including the recommendation of product, lot sizes, specifications, sales centers and model homes.
• Follows the Mattamy BCTM process (Bringing Communities To Market) in regards to community visioning, market research, buyer profiles, product development, sales center/model development, collateral materials, advertising plan and grand opening.
• Oversees the siting, construction, opening and closing of sales centers and model homes, having (some) regard for regulatory environments and various locational strengths/weaknesses/opportunities/threats, establishes the best position in the selling environment.
• Oversees and reviews Competitive Market Analysis (CMAs) for new communities and land acquisitions and in conjunction with Sales Management.
• Prepares fiscal marketing budget and tracks marketing spend to stay on budget throughout the year, analyzes competitive ad exposure and spending to inform of budget adjustments and future year spending needs.
• In conjunction with external ad agency(ies) and corporate marketing, develops marketing and advertising plans for all new and existing communities, in accordance with ad spending thresholds. Tracks and proofs for accuracy all digital, social and print advertisements and sponsorships. Oversees signage strategy including locations, layout and execution in conjunction with Mattamy brand standards. Ensures pristine condition and maintenance of all signage over time.
• Oversees all production of sales brochure material.
• Reviews model home merchandising, cabinetry layouts and space planning with interior design firm and corporate marketing. Includes Sales Center set up.
• Oversees grand openings and special events for communities and promotions.
• Responsible for all divisional aspects of the company website, ensures accuracy of information presented at all times.
• Manages all divisional social media presence in conjunction with ad agency.
• Reports and tracks monthly sales, traffic, conversions, analytics and analyzes budget spends.
• Responsible for on-going maintenance of all sales centers and models to remain in pristine condition with assistance from sales staff.
• Prepares and updates any monthly reports.
• Stays current on industry trends by attending seminars, reading industry periodicals, talking with consultants and staying involved with industry associations and events.
What you bring:
• Bachelors’ degree, MBA a plus.
• 10+ years of traditional and digital marketing experience including social media. Homebuilding, real estate or land development preferred.
• Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing communication and strategies to meet organizational objectives.
• Strong understanding of different consumer groups and the respective market dynamics that influence their buying decisions.
• Ability to multi-task, recognize deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage and hold accountable marketing team to meet deadlines and maintain standards. Must be an organized and motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills who thrives on working in a fast-paced team environment.
• Proven track record of deploying successful strategies yielding growth in traffic and sales.
• Deep understanding of social media technologies and effective strategies.
• Strong knowledge of social media dashboards and google analytics, backend content/keywords.
• Ability to assess and analyze advertising metric data (social and website) and make recommendations/execute against them.
• Creative, out of the box thinker.
Why work with us:
When you’re part of the Mattamy Homes family, your day to day work has an incredible impact on the lives of our customers. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy way of helping customers achieve their homeownership dreams. What we do takes teamwork and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
We offer a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and 401(k). We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future.
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.