Design, art direct and execute concepts for general print advertising (including catalog, direct mail newspaper and magazine).
Responsibilities and essential functions:
• Photo art direction on location, through email, by phone.
• Layout and composition skills in general print media.
• Production capability (accurately and efficiently build and release electronic pages).
• Design effective conceptual presentations through finished projects.
• Ability to follow style guide.
• Work comfortably within tight deadlines and budgets.
• Positive attitude.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Management practices and business applications
• Ability to present ideas in a clear manner to all levels of associates
• Effective communications with vendors (photographers, separators, producers, etc.)
• Work as a team with copywriter and present ideas together.
• Build good relations with buyers.
• Good people skills overall.
Education and experience:
• College degree with graphic design or related major preferred.
• 3 years advertising experience in retail preferred.
• Must have basic knowledge of photography.
• Experience in selecting models and editing photography.
• Computer skills in Quark Express, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel.
• Ability to travel for photography shoots.