Lead UX Architect (HIRED)
The UX Team Lead provides leadership and definition around the overarching usability and customer experience strategy for Belk’s digital channels (web, mobile, tablet, etc.).
• Lead a team of UX/UI/CX professionals focused on optimizing the customer experience, creating compelling mobile-first user experiences that align the product development strategy and user analytics with customer intent, revenue goals, best practices and brand positioning.
• Lead consumer-centric execution of interaction design and presentation layer customer experience across all digital channels.
• Develop static wireframes, lo-fi prototypes and hi-fi interactive prototypes of the user experience as part of a user-centered design process.
• Participate in constructive design reviews and critiques. Monitoring user experience design trends and articulate the reasoning and strategy behind your solutions to team members, project partners and stakeholders
• Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identify problems that arise in the project, outline options, recommend solutions and escalate as needed.
• Drive customer-centric project deliverables and prioritize key UXA projects for improving the customer experience across digital channels.
• Research the latest UX/UI concepts, trends and best practices, incorporate into practices and design patterns and make recommendations to improve the end-to-end customer journey.
• Provide thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise in the areas of interaction design, visual design, user experience best practices, ID patterns, user research and online user behavior.
• Grow and mentor a team of top-notch UX/UI/CX professionals.
•Manage UX project resourcing, process, methodologies and documentation standards.
• Recommend and establish UX tools, services and standards.
• Represent the eCommerce team and effectively communicate with all levels / all areas within and outside the Belk organization in a brand-centric and inspiring manner.
• Work closely with the IT, Merchants, Marketing and eCommerce teams to build strong relationships, deliver quality results, meet agreed upon deadlines and be a catalyst for creating state-of-the-art user experiences that surpass customer and business expectations.
Education and experience:
• BFA degree in design or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• 7+ years User Experience design:
• 3+ years management experience.
• 5+ years digital retail experience.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to plan and manage time and resources, establish priorities and meet goals.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.