Manager, Marketing and Promotions
The Manager, Marketing & Promotions will be responsible for strategy and implementation of all marketing, media plans and promotional partnerships to drive awareness and attendance at all Discovery Place Museums and programs. The right candidate will have the ability to handle advertising efforts from start to finish, along with the skillset and personality to create mutually beneficial partnerships with local media outlets, community organizations and influencers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Identifies and engages media outlets, promotional partners and social influencers to create effective advertising plans and cross-promotions.
• Plan, promote and execute both on-site and off-site promotional events to raise awareness, engage the community and drive attendance.
• Develop content and advertising plans to increase program attendance (Summer Camps, Birthday Parties, IMAX Films, Professional Development, etc) as well as improve brand engagement and customer loyalty.
• Coordinates with cross-department team and external partners to ensure timely execution of all campaigns and promotions for new exhibitions, signature events, daily activities and programs.
• Creates targeted advertising plans, recommends budget allocations across outlets (print, OOH, digital, radio, TV, etc.) and responsible for budget management across Museums, exhibitions and programs.
• Negotiates ad rates, solicits trade agreements and places ad buys across multiple outlets including print, radio, TV, OOH, partner sites and social media groups.
• Researches new and emerging forms of media and provides recommendations on budget allocation, messaging and expected impact.
• Working with in-house and freelance designers – develops engaging content and creative while ensuring brand standards and contractual agreements are met.
• Oversees production, trafficking and invoicing of complex media plans.
• Monitors campaign performance and analyzes results to improve future campaigns.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, education and experience:
• To perform this job successfully, you should have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience in marketing and promotions.
• Must communicate effectively and have strong writing skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel/spreadsheet software and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Experience in Google Analytics, media metrics and advertising contracts are a plus.
• Curiosity and drive – is always looking for new ways to improve themselves and the processes around them. Finds solutions to challenges and accomplishes goals.
• Integrity – acts in an ethical and professional manner. Represents Discovery Place consistently and professionally at all times.
• Creativity – sees opportunities to connect Discovery Place to its community through messaging, events and partnerships.
• Financial acumen – manages budgets and looks for opportunities to improve effectiveness of each campaign.
• Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Manages complex work schedules. Meets deadlines.
• Teamwork – demonstrates the ability to build positive relationships with the community and across Discovery Place.