Associate Director, Data Scientist (HIRED)
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
Barings’ Global Investment Services group is seeking an Associate Director to join its Data Science team. This position will be located in Charlotte, NC. As a member of this team, the individual will be part of a fast-paced environment where they will model complex business problems, discover key insights and identify opportunities, in order to accomplish this, an academic and practical knowledge of applying statistical, algorithmic, mathematical and technological techniques is paramount. The ideal candidate has a proven appreciation and understanding of data analysis, problem-solving and programming knowledge.
• Active involvement in R&D efforts to enable analysis, data modeling, product development and meaningful insights relevant to the enterprise’s domains.
• Assist in establishing new and maintaining current pipelines used for data mining, data storage and application processes.
• Adhere to and enforce development standards across the team.
• Aid in the design of various experiments, formulation and discovery of various hypotheses, as well as the training and scoring of existing and potential models.
• Contribute to white papers on research, model and methodology documentation, as well as ad-hoc analysis and write-ups.
• Support of internally developed application processes/services. This includes but is not limited to data exploration, data collection, data cleaning, data analysis and result presentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a focus on data science, statistics or mathematics.
• Experience working in the financial markets.
• 2-4 years’ experience in analytics, risk, quant, data science and/or data engineering.
• Strong experience working with Python, Spark and SQL.
• Knowledge working with Docker and/or Kubernetes Container technology.
• Knowledge of NoSQL on Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Lake.
• Experience working with Big Data & Machine Learning – specifically Deep Learning, NLP and related cloud technologies.
• Excellent written and communication skills to report on findings in a clear and structured manner.
• Experience working in environments that require strict adherence to change control policies.
• Experience working in a fast-paced development environment.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.