Executive Director of Innovation (HIRED)
Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
The Executive Director of Digital Portfolio & Innovation Management is responsible for effectively managing the Digital portfolio to achieve operating financial objectives based on long-term strategies, innovative product development, product quality leadership, market launch success and consumer and customer comprehension. Strong emphasis will be placed on defining and executing tactics/strategies based on profit-driven long-term vision for the business. The Executive Director of Portfolio Management collaborates with Divisions, IT&D Business Development, R&D, Channel Sales and Supply Chain to assure the development and introduction of programs or products that meet customer and consumer requirements.
The primary role of this leader includes significantly improving the timeline of introducing new products from the idea to the launch, building a collaborative portfolio/product management function that works well with the other teams in the business unit and functional areas, and be a key member of the Digital team to help drive market development and position the company for the next level of growth. Through strong interactions within IT&D, across Divisions, R&D, the field and the customer base, this leader will own the roadmap for existing and future products for the Digital portfolio, driving the inclusion of strategic initiatives that will enable significant growth. This individual will have Digital P&L responsibilities and accountability. This leader will also manage product managers responsible for development of Digital solutions, as well as innovation resources
• Plan, organize and lead the successful execution of Digital growth and product development strategies. Lead the interpretation of Division growth strategies into portfolio management operating plans and effectively deploy key elements of the plan. Provides business decision support for the development of the broader Digital strategy and analysis of specific related opportunities.
• Establish a rolling 5-year plan which details the means for achieving sales and profit objectives for assigned Product Categories. Utilize this plan to achieve cross-functional agreement on priorities and alignment of resources and goals to achieve the key objectives.
• In conjunction with Divisions, drive product planning process from concept to commercialization, producing business requirements documentation for all products and work with engineering, documentation, QA and all other groups to manage risk and deliver customer solutions.
• Experience successfully leading product management for a major product category with multiple product lines that have produced significant sustainable growth. Will possess deep experience successfully launching new products globally.
• Has created and implemented a proven product management process that has resulted in shortening the time to launch from concept to product introduction.
• Experience creating short and long-term product roadmaps as well as has the skills to lead teams of product managers through successful execution of the roadmap.
• Overall business experience with sales and marketing and strong proven skills in product management. Will have a successful track record in setting the product organization’s goals and objectives and meeting those targets in a timely manner.
• Must be an excellent team builder, coach and leader and will be a significant contributor on the executive management team. He/She must be highly motivated, goal-oriented and pragmatic.
• Must be an excellent communicator and have strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills.
• Be creative and focused with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to connect and give direction to product development teams on customer and market requirements with rich content input.
• Successfully implemented business and product line metrics to determine objective levels of performance and use these metrics to help manage and improve the results of the Portfolio Management organization.
• Possess strong ability to effectively build internal relationships with a track record of successfully creating a portfolio/product management and marketing organization that has collaborated well with sales, product development and business units.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.