Charlotte Market Manager
Hungry Harvest is the nation’s leading brand fighting food waste and hunger by delivering farm to doorstep rescued produce. We believe that no produce should go to waste and no person should go hungry. In just 4 years, we’ve rescued over 8 million pounds of produce from going to waste and supported local hunger-solving organizations with over 700,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. And we’re just getting started. Our family is made up of our team, heroes, farmers and community, and we’ve got our family’s back.
Recognized by Forbes Magazine, The James Beard Foundation, American Heart Association, Whole30 and featured in Anthony Bourdain’s documentary WASTED! Hungry Harvest is rocking the grocery delivery industry on our mission to eradicate food waste and hunger.
As Market Manager, you will be responsible for leading and growing Hungry Harvest in the Charlotte area. In this role, you should be comfortable working independently with a support network in both Raleigh and Baltimore. This is an exciting new opportunity to champion Hungry Harvest in Charlotte, grow your market and join an amazing team working towards a mission.
Leading Hungry Harvest in the market by
• Tracking and analyzing the overall health of the Market.
• Problem-solving for issues as they arise.
• Communicating consumer preferences, values and community ethos to the rest of the company.
Growing and retaining Charlotte customers by
• Partnering with leading local brands and organizations.
• Building relationships with and leveraging local media.
• Managing and growing our Brand Ambassador team.
• Proactively identifying and attending local events.
• Ensure positive customer experiences with the brand.
• Selling specialty programs, such as Harvest Rx.
• Increasing average order in Charlotte by working with the Raleigh Market Manager and HQ team to ensure we’re selling the right items in our marketplace.
• Localizing Hungry Harvest by building community relationships, bringing community knowledge of the region to the company and ensuring our mission is being fulfilled.
• Manage the logistics load-up process until there are sufficient deliveries to support bringing on another team member (Saturday mornings).
• Collaborating with the HQ team to achieve success.
Who you are:
• 2-5+ years experience of marketing, sales and management required.
• College degree preferred.
• Strong selling and negotiation skills.
• Connection to and deep familiarity with the Charlotte area.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Learner’s mindset with a bias towards action.
• Preferred experience in a startup or quickly moving environment.
• Access (or intended access) to a vehicle and a driver’s license.
Why work for Hungry Harvest?
We’re a passionate, crafty and produce-loving team on a mission to end food waste and hunger in the US. We hold each other accountable, take pride problem-solvinging and learn from our mistakes. We value all voices and challenge each other’s perspectives. If you want to join a team that is genuine, driven, passionate, talented and fun, then look no further.
Hungry Harvest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive for and thrive on inclusivity and are committed to creating a diverse workplace with a shared mission of reducing food waste and ending hunger.