Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst – IT Software
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s Enterprise Strategic Sourcing (ESS) is recruiting for several Senior Sourcing Analyst roles located in NC. Lowe’s ESS is a trusted advisor to Lowe’s internal businesses in acquiring and sustaining quality indirect (not for resale) supplier relationships. ESS is leadingLowe’s indirect procurement transformational journey through developing internal business relationships to optimize the cost and value of the $8B spend portfolio. With the success of this journey, ESS has grown over the last several years and is looking for quality sourcing team members. Roles will be responsible for IT software (could also include hardware) sourcing events.
The principle purpose of the Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst is to participate in the development of the strategic sourcing strategy as well as execution of the sourcing process and all of its associated activities. This role should facilitate the sourcing process for the cross functional team of the Category Manager and the various business unit stakeholders. The key focus area for this role is IT software. The Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst will also have primary responsibility for developing the detail project plans and strategies that relate to the sourcing process. This role will work directly with the supply community and be a liaison between the suppliers and the business. The Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst will be responsible for managing and delivering strong results that support the category strategy and provide significant value to the business units.
In addition, the Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst will work closely with the Category Manager to ensure a cohesive, unified and collaborative messaging to the business units and to the supplier community. This position will also work as part of the cross-functional team with business unit stakeholders to ensure proper collaboration about business requirements. To accomplish this, the Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst must have strategic procurement and sourcing expertise as well as a solid understanding of the business, strong negotiations and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field plus 4 years of experience in a Procurement or business related role OR 7 years of experience in a Procurement or business related role without a degree.
• 1 year of experience with negotiations.
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally.
• Demonstrated understanding and application of sourcing policies, procedures and supply strategies.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite.
• 6 years of experience in a Procurement or experience working with an MSP.
• 1 year of experience with E-Procurement tools.
• 1 year of experience with MS Project or other Project Management software.
• 1 year of sourcing experience including designing RFPs and other sourcing tools.
• 2 years of IT experience, either directly in an IT organization or sourcing for IT.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.