The Property Security associate maintains a safe and secure environment for residents and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
• Patrols entire building, all access points and parking garage.
• Monitors surveillance equipment and permitting entry as needed.
• Maintains logs and records of occurrences and completes necessary paperwork of incidents/violations.
• Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures.
• Contacts Police as needed.
Qualifications and desired skills:
• High School degree or equivalent.
• 4+ years’ security experience.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
• Successfully pass a drug screen.
• Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
• Operate Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook, community software.
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
• Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
• Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to situations to avoid escalation of the problem.
• Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.