Payroll and Benefits Coordinator (HIRED)
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
Who you are:
You didn’t join HR because you are a “people person” (though you might be). You joined HR because you are passionate about data-driven decisions and being a strategic partner to the business. You understand the importance of compliance and your attention to detail is impeccable. You thrive in a high-stress ever-changing environment yet are also content with performing repetitive tasks. Above all, you’re a team player and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure we all succeed.
What you will do:
Our workforce is rapidly growing and we are hiring a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator to help us keep up. This role will offer support for our Total Rewards team within HR. You will assist with compliance activities related to federal regulations, state regulations and company policy. We need someone that will deliver top-notch customer service to our customers—both internal and external. You will own employee communications regarding day-to-day benefit and payroll inquires. Your day will consist of duties within payroll and benefits coordination such as the following.
• Process all employment wage verifications.
• Manage and maintain payroll email inbox, assist employees with general payroll inquires, issues and/or questions.
• Receive all payroll and payroll tax related mail, scan and distribute accordingly.
• Submit all employee garnishments received in a timely manner to vendor for processing.
• Monitor employee timecard submission and approvals, ensure employees and managers have approved/submitted timecards by payroll deadline.
• Ensure distribution of any live checks.
• Assist “as needed” with bi-weekly payroll processing, including assisting with auditing.
• Monitor Benefit inbox and assist employees with general benefit inquiries.
• Process monthly billings from benefit providers.
• Reviews billings for accuracy.
• Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company.
• Coordinates with vendors to resolve employee benefit and 401k issues.
• Assist in annual enrollment.
• Assists in pulling requested data for benefit and payroll audits.
• Partner with Human Resources and Finance as necessary.
Required skills and experience:
• BA/BS in Business or related field.
• 2+ years of payroll and benefit experience.
• MS Excel and MS Word.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Required knowledge and abilities:
• Knowledge of payroll and benefit processes and regulations, including FLSA, ERISA and payroll tax requirements.
• Ability to work with confidential information, using discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
• Strong mathematical abilities, with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security rules, regulations and ethical guidelines.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.