Charlotte will host the first of its kind Virtual Compliance Currency and Blockchain Technology Compliance Workshop on August 14th, which will coincide with The Second Annual Cryptolina Bitcoin Expo on August 14th-15th, 2015.
#bitcoin #clt #cryptolina pic.twitter.com/geTwHEwT0R
— Cryptolina Expo (@Cryptolina) June 8, 2015
- The one-day compliance workshop on August 14th will venture into AML and OFAC compliance, money transmitter laws, consumer protection, privacy and cyber security requirements and more.
- The workshop is geared towards digital and virtual currency companies and their compliance teams, as well as regulators, lawmakers, and professional service providers.
- The workshop will be led by Carol R. Van Cleef, co-chair of the Global Payments Practice at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP and Chairman and Founder of Comptegrity. Van Cleef is an expert in the field and is frequently relied on as a subject matter expert.
- The two-day Cryptolina Bitcoin Expo conference will be comprised of a series of speakers and presentations about Bitcoin and topics related to the Digital Currency Industry. See the full agenda and list of speakers here.
- Workshop Cost: $149; Full Conference Pass: $199; Students and Faculty: $99. More details here.
- All events will take place at the McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square.
- The workshop and conference are a sequel to last year’s successful inaugural expo in Raleigh.
- Tickets may be purchased at BitPay or CarolinaTix.
@Cryptolina welcomes @PerianneDC, President of the @ChamberDigital to our #Bitcoin Expo in #Charlotte on August 14/15 pic.twitter.com/K0n3DqJPsl
— Cryptolina Expo (@Cryptolina) August 4, 2015
“Charlotte has had all the right raw material to be one of the Financial Services Technology & Innovation (FinTech) hubs in the world for a number of years now. It’s really with the entrepreneurial renaissance in Charlotte over the last 5 years that Charlotte has come on strong in the international stage in FinTech. The choice of the Cryptolina conference to move to Charlotte is just such a natural fit. Crypto currencies (Bitcoin and others) are the future of payments and some of the best minds in the space will be gathering in Charlotte for this one.” – Dan Roselli, Co-Founder of Packard Place
“We’re excited to bring the Second Annual Cryptolina Bitcoin Expo to Charlotte, North Carolina. This two-day event will focus on the emerging Bitcoin and digital currency industry, and last summer’s inaugural expo in Raleigh attracted over 350 digital currency developers, enthusiasts, investors and technologists from across the United States and World.” – Dan Spuller, Co-Founder of Cryptolina Bitcoin Expo