Manager, Digital Marketing (HIRED)
The Manager, Digital Marketing will develop, implement and optimize Discovery Place’s marketing strategy across digital channels including all Discovery Place websites, email communications and digital ad campaigns. The position is responsible for planning, creating and posting content to all Discovery Place websites as well as responding to customer questions and feedback. The Manager will serve as an internal expert in SEO, SEM/PPC, email marketing and analytics. Using customer insights derived from research and analytics, the Manager will strive to drive brand awareness, increase lead generation and improve conversion rates through multiple touch-points. Must possess exceptional writing skills and the drive to constantly learn new strategies in the ever-changing digital landscape.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Devise strategies to drive quality paid, referral and organic traffic to Discovery Place websites. Monitors key performance indicators and implements changes to websites to improve usability, traffic and conversions.
• Create timely, relevant, witty, on-brand digital communications and creative content.
• Plan, write, edit and develop digital website content including program pages, event listings, blog posts and more. Some photography and photo editing may be required.
• Track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) in order to implement content, design and usability improvements (UX) of each website.
• Working with digital agency, oversee all digital ad campaigns and budgets, including SEM, display and video. Manage Google grant campaign.
• Manage website improvements, repairs and updates with external agency. Monitors hours and budgets.
• Plan, develop, write e-newsletters. Track performance and develop strategies for improvement. Recommend and develop segmentations as appropriate. Recommend strategies to grow subscriber lists and improve engagement.
• Work with in-house and freelance graphic designers to generate creative.
• Monitor external listings for accuracy.
• Identify trends and insights to increase customer engagement across multiple channels and then plan, execute and measure experiments to improve conversions.
• Collaborate with external agencies and other community partners to optimize campaigns, ensure accuracy of listings and improve back-links.
• Evaluate emerging technologies and provide recommendations on implementation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Cost consciousness – works within approved budget.
• Initiative – looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
• Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Manages complex work schedules. Meets deadlines.
• Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Professionalism – acts in an ethical and professional manner. Represents Discovery Place consistently and professionally at all times.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience in digital marketing.
• Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel/spreadsheet software and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Extensive knowledge of Google Analytics and Ad Words is a must along with experience with content management systems (CMS) and email marketing platforms.
• Good working knowledge of PhotoShop is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and drive.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.